Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris' other Eye Candy 12/27 More neat stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris' other Eye Candy 12/27 More neat stuff.

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Looks like Studebaker got fit and finish done by the time the lark came along.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

Looks like Studebaker got fit and finish done by the time the lark came along.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
      Wish I had the hardtop of that model.

Chris Dresbach
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris--

I saw a '62 Lark HT kit at Reedsville. Or at least I thought I did. Took the lid off the box and what was inside was a two-door sedan...ie. this was a model of my car, a model I never dreamed existed. Of course I bought the kit immediately. (Bob Easton was with me at the time and seconds before I found the sedan, he found a '60 droptop kit at the same table; Bob had just finished restoring a beautiful '60 convertible and had, likewise, no idea a kit of his car existed.)

The vendor told me the two-door sedan kit was indiscriminately packaged as a "Daytona hardtop" alongside the actual HT kits. How bizarre. But of course I was thrilled to bits to find a kit of my beloved sedan...even if the boxtop doesn't match!

S.

Comment

Steve,
          You need to check out Jim Geary's Studebaker Toy Book. Loaded with all kinds of information on Studebaker toys with lots of pictures. Should be availible at SI. Great book for all Studebaker owners if you have an interest in toys or not.
          Also might want to check out The Toy Studebaker Collectors Club.

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Gary--

Got Jim G's book...picked up what was at the time the only copy left in the SNM giftshop. As you say, absolutely loads of pix of neat old toys there and a great listing.

BTW talking of toy/model Studes, was in an antique market this afternoon and found a tin E-series "air force" truck ($75) and a sadly rather warped plastic dealer-promo type '53 hardtop out of which someone had long ago made a scallop-painted Kustom ($35). If the '53 had been a little less bent out of shape, or a bit cheaper, I'd have bought it. I often find Stude-related stuff at that market.

And I probably will join the toy-Stude club soon, too...after all I have been collecting toy/model cars since I was about 4.

S.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

Chris--

I saw a '62 Lark HT kit at Reedsville. Or at least I thought I did. Took the lid off the box and what was inside was a two-door sedan...ie. this was a model of my car, a model I never dreamed existed. Of course I bought the kit immediately. (Bob Easton was with me at the time and seconds before I found the sedan, he found a '60 droptop kit at the same table; Bob had just finished restoring a beautiful '60 convertible and had, likewise, no idea a kit of his car existed.)

The vendor told me the two-door sedan kit was indiscriminately packaged as a "Daytona hardtop" alongside the actual HT kits. How bizarre. But of course I was thrilled to bits to find a kit of my beloved sedan...even if the boxtop doesn't match!

S.
              I've seen lots of the HT models, just can never afford them beacuse by the time I see them at a swap meet, I've already spent all my money on other stuff![:0][B)]

Chris Dresbach
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
              X