Studebaker body panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker body panels?

Yes I am looking for new doors and quarters for a 59 lark I just saw that sasco went under? I was wondering if theres anywhere I could get these parts. Thanks you

Studebaker-International http://www.studebaker-intl.com purchased the assets of SASCO. You may want to e-mail them and ask if they have such parts.

1949 2R17
    R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Thanks I will do that

Comment

Lets see pics of that Gasser man!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Studebaker-International http://www.studebaker-intl.com purchased the assets of SASCO. You may want to e-mail them and ask if they have such parts.

1949 2R17
          R is for Rusty

Oh yes... We have those parts...

Chris Dresbach
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Its a 1959 studebaker lark I bought for 300 bucks. Put new floors and moved the rearend of 6inches. Put a 9in in it along with moving the tubed axle up 3 1/2 inches and moving the motor back about halfway into the firewall. With a nice set of megnesium spindle mounts up front. Im just trying to find new or good quarters and doors to put on it and i am getting a glass front end. I know some of you studebaker guys will not like it but it will be a 60s drag car with all the correct parts. I am 22 so money is a big factor. Thanks for any help you guys can give me with parts. Pictures i do not have any at the moment.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 59alteredlarkgasser

Its a 1959 studebaker lark I bought for 300 bucks. Put new floors and moved the rearend of 6inches. Put a 9in in it along with moving the tubed axle up 3 1/2 inches and moving the motor back about halfway into the firewall. With a nice set of megnesium spindle mounts up front. Im just trying to find new or good quarters and doors to put on it and i am getting a glass front end. I know some of you studebaker guys will not like it but it will be a 60s drag car with all the correct parts. I am 22 so money is a big factor. Thanks for any help you guys can give me with parts. Pictures i do not have any at the moment.
              I'm almost 20 and understand the $$$ issue. That sounds like one really cool ride. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
              Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Comment

Is this car a 2 door? New rear fenders for a 2 door may be spendy if available but new 4 door rear fenders are cheap & available. New doors for a 2 door may also be spendy if available. There may be persons on here with good used rear fenders and doors for a 2 or 4 door Lark. I think many people here will find your project gasser very interesting and may want progress reports. Good luck.

1949 2R17
                R is for Rusty

sigpic

Comment

Don't go away! If SI doesn't have what you need we can find it for you; the parts aren't all that rare or expensive (just one of the beauties of Studes). Also, your project is welcome- we love stock, modified, race, or any combination thereof... as long as it's another Stude saved[^]

Of course, this service is not free- the cost is several pictures

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

its a 2 door yea I know a guy that has like a 60,000 original mile lark he got out west and a tree fell on the roof but wont fix it or sell it to me. But yea hopefully it will be out sometime in 2010.

Comment

Any vendor, or anyone else trying to help you with good used parts, will want to know if you have a two door sedan or a two door hardtop.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

By the way, welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of people on here that will be very interested in your progress. In process pictures are greatly appreciated.

Doug
                        Venice, Florida
                        1950 Champion
                        9G F1

Comment

Hi i sent you a email, i have got a 1959 Lark rear passenger side quarter. good, used. email me if you are interested. I'm in springfield, mo. if you want this shipped, it would probably have to go greyhound. If you would like a picture, I can take it Monday morning, and post it. Dusty

flamed58.com Dusty Taylor

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Is the bottom half of a 2 door sedan door the same as a 2 door hardtop door? I thought the window frame on a sedan door would unbolt and therefor could be converted to a hardtop door.

1949 2R17
                            R is for Rusty

sigpic

Comment

No, its not that easy.

MIKE
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967