Studebaker Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Models

What comments do folks have about Anson Models and also Department 56 (ceramic 1950 or 51 Studebaker) was considering bidding but don't know of the quality?

Have bid and should win an old plastic Studebaker model

Department 56 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8718&rd=1&rd=1

Anson

Plastic Vintage Studebaker

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

The only one of those models I am familiar with is the Anson. The picture is so poor on the plastic model, that I can't even tell what it is. If you win it, post a better picture of it.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

The only one of those models I am familiar with is the Anson. The picture is so poor on the plastic model, that I can't even tell what it is. If you win it, post a better picture of it.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

The Anson's are pretty nice. I have the 57 Anson Golden Hawk.

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

What comments do folks have about Anson Models and also Department 56 (ceramic 1950 or 51 Studebaker) was considering bidding but don't know of the quality?

Anson

John Clements
        Lockleys South Australia

Comment

The Anson's are pretty nice. I have the 57 Anson Golden Hawk.

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

Anson

John Clements
          Lockleys South Australia

Comment

Is that Anson cast stude(?) car have something missing on the top? What should be there?

Comment

Is that Anson cast stude(?) car have something missing on the top? What should be there?

Comment

Department 56 models are usually generic looking. That is, the detail isn't very strong. This company makes ceramic villages, houses, etc. suitable for displays under your Christmas tree, for example. Nice looking villages, and the cars are cute but don't expect a lot of accurate detail. Nothing wrong with them for what they are, though. Several years ago, if I recall correctly, they had one with a body and roof that looked like a '52 Starliner hardtop, but the grille wasn't accurate. I think the license plate on it read "STU". It was approximately 1/43 scale, I would guess.

Comment

Department 56 models are usually generic looking. That is, the detail isn't very strong. This company makes ceramic villages, houses, etc. suitable for displays under your Christmas tree, for example. Nice looking villages, and the cars are cute but don't expect a lot of accurate detail. Nothing wrong with them for what they are, though. Several years ago, if I recall correctly, they had one with a body and roof that looked like a '52 Starliner hardtop, but the grille wasn't accurate. I think the license plate on it read "STU". It was approximately 1/43 scale, I would guess.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I'll skip the Department 56 one as the seller said it has a 1951 grille, so guess accuracy wasn't of concern. As to the Anson Model what is missing is the cover or box, but I could get a plastic box that would be OK, but I may leave this one and watch my spending.

John Clements
                    Lockleys South Australia
                    John Clements

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I'll skip the Department 56 one as the seller said it has a 1951 grille, so guess accuracy wasn't of concern. As to the Anson Model what is missing is the cover or box, but I could get a plastic box that would be OK, but I may leave this one and watch my spending.

John Clements
                      Lockleys South Australia
                      John Clements

Comment

That Dept. 56 is a Christmas decoration it has a place for a light in the bottom. The windows light up. I have all of the Anson models of Studebaker except the one thats black with chrome fins. I can't get ready for that

Comment

That Dept. 56 is a Christmas decoration it has a place for a light in the bottom. The windows light up. I have all of the Anson models of Studebaker except the one thats black with chrome fins. I can't get ready for that

Comment

Anson models are nice. The original pricing was well within reason. They have been out for quite a while and the market is quite saturated, that means you will be able to get a good deal. The one model that has seemed to hold it's price is the the 57 project car. Oriinally it was $39.95 and stayed constant, now they have dropped down to $35.00 US

BG

SAVE THE STUDEBAKER.....SAVE THE WORLD.

Comment

Anson models are nice. The original pricing was well within reason. They have been out for quite a while and the market is quite saturated, that means you will be able to get a good deal. The one model that has seemed to hold it's price is the the 57 project car. Oriinally it was $39.95 and stayed constant, now they have dropped down to $35.00 US

BG

SAVE THE STUDEBAKER.....SAVE THE WORLD.

Comment

Working...
                              X