Production order 57 Champion: what is T5743C GR 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production order 57 Champion: what is T5743C GR 10

I get almost all of it, 57G W4 Champion Deluxe 4 dr, Dx St Whl Deluxe Steering Wheel, AC2750, AC2833 AC 2858 heater, cigar lighter and backup lights. P 5716 Glendale, even Truckaway Burnett, but what exactly is T 5743C GR 10 ? Does it stand something specific as far as exterior paint scheme, or is that interior trim as well?

Car is a 'four tone' Glendale Green (roof) Turquoise (roof pillars) Glendale Green (hood, trunk, and upper aides above the belt line but below the pillars) and Turquoise (below the belt line)
    This is one of two cars that I have in the exact same paint combo, but the other is Canadian and therefore no production order is available. I suppose the T stands for trim, but what exactly? I have bought an original 57 German ad, which explains that the Champion Regal (W6 model, only in Canada and for Export in 56 and 57) is trimmed like a President inside, AND the ad shows a Champion Regal with this exact same GG/T/GG/T paint scheme. I'm guessing that this series of code somehow denotes the 57G W6 Regal paint scheme in a 57G W4 Deluxe...

Jim B on PEI
    63 259 o/d Wagonaire
    57 Champion W4 o/d
    57 Champion W4 automatic

[u]T</u>rim, 19[u]57</u>, code[u]43</u>, [u]C</u>loth, [u]GR</u>een.
    The paint code 5716 is for Glendale Green, as a solid color only. It would appear your car got its two-tone after it left the factory.

Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Even when 1957 Champion sedans were two-toned by the factory, they were not done in the fashion that you describe.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
      X