PDA

View Full Version : question from an old member

49dann0
01-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I was a member some time ago...lost info on user name / password

anyways Im back

I was the one who posted pic's on hood-scoops and tail light modification's ..

Im looking for gauges that will work in the 49 champion Dont really care if it is org. eq. I ordered some from ...www. and they came as elec not manual for speedo .......... and Im having a hard time finding mechanical speedo that works in my dash ie> for the cable......... Like I said dont really want org eq. dont mind re-doing dash to fit.

Also I need the wire harness and the OD cable that works the overdrive............. So whatcha think? you gots one ......

u can e-mail me @ smwash@pennswoods.net if you like or post here
Thanks !!

BTW . nice to be back .....hows things going in studie land ?

49dann0
01-30-2007, 07:03 AM
wow !! 82 views and not ONE reply..........WELCOME BACK DAN !! :)

Just having sum fun.I know the guys who will respond are busy right now. :)

but I thought i would hurry up and bring this back to the top b4 it gets lost on the bottom !! .......LOL

Hope all is well with you guys.

CHAMP
01-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Welcome back 49 Dano!!! For original gauges e/Bay has them sometmes. For aftermarket gauges you could try J.C Whitney or Summit. If you really want to go trick Dakota Didital!!!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

CHAMP
01-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Sorry about the spelling should be Dakota Digital!!!

52hawk
01-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I remember you had some neat ideas for hood scoops and body work!! how'd that turn out??? Don't be put off by low # of responses,happens all the time.

LaSalle,Il
61Hawk

49dann0
01-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Just had a "bored" moment ..........

Hood scoops turned out really nice, They sat on that hood for a long time B4 I decided to go for it. some guys who come and visit the garage thought they were factory !! .....Hmmmmm

Dont have much body work to do......just light sanding a sealer/primer......then of course paint. Interior is being done by my sis in Ind. She has her own Biz there.....Putting in that orqinal "snake look" on doors and also a foot or so section up the middle of each seat
You should see the car covers she makes........looks just like the car that is under it.

Still looking for wire harness and gauges........

If I go electric the senors required to operate the elec. gauges ... will they work on stude? or would it be better to go mechanical?

CHAMP
01-31-2007, 07:57 AM
It would probably be best to convert to 12 volts if you are going to use aftermarket gauges.

N8N
01-31-2007, 09:53 AM
I think gauges pretty much any mechanical aftermarket gauge should work as the stock stude cable drive is set at 1000 revs/mile if you have the right gears in the transmission. the connector on the back of the gauge is a standard stewart warner deal so you can even retain your stock speedo cable.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

49dann0
01-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey Champ........... I did convert it over to 12 V that baby turns over alot quicker now !! :)

So pretty much the mechanical speedo's I get will match the cable on studie?

JDP
01-31-2007, 02:55 PM
quote:So pretty much the mechanical speedo's I get will match the cable on studie?
Go to Top of Page

You might need a adapter at the speedo end or a new cable since many speedo's have a snap fit end.

64 Commander 2 dr.
64 Daytona HT
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
63 Avanti R1
63 Daytona convert
63 Lark 2 door
63 Lark 2 door #2
62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
62 Lark 2 door
62 GT Hawk 4 speed
60 Lark HT
60 Hawk
59 3E truck
52 Starliner
51 Commander

49dann0
01-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks JDP ......... you have any contacts on gauges that I can check out ?