Factory Paint Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Paint Work

While reading the recent issue of Hemmings Classic Cars I came across a statement in the article on the 1957 Packard Clipper that I would like clarification on. In part it stated that due to the financial condition of Studebaker-Packard one cost saving measure was to paint the body with all panels in place thereby leaving the underside of panels, such as the trunk lid, in primer. How should this be judged? Your opinions please.

Peter Bishop

quote:Originally posted by PeterHawk

While reading the recent issue of Hemmings Classic Cars I came across a statement in the article on the 1957 Packard Clipper that I would like clarification on. In part it stated that due to the financial condition of Studebaker-Packard one cost saving measure was to paint the body with all panels in place thereby leaving the underside of panels, such as the trunk lid, in primer. How should this be judged? Your opinions please.

Total BS, it was done that way because the 57 Packard was just a Studebaker with makeup. BTW, the underside of the deck lid was painted on the 57 Packard as far as I know.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks John. I guess you can't believe everything you read.

Peter Bishop

Comment

Working...
      X