Old dealership photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old dealership photos

A buddy emailed me at least 50 photos of old car dealerships. Here are a select few to keep this Studebaker specific (with a few bonus photos)

How about a couple of Packard stores?

How come we don't see any of these around??

Back to Studebaker content:

I think this one was my favorite photo! I love the hillside location and the showroom on the "top" floor.

And last:

If any of you are interested in having all of these images (including Kaiser/Nash/Ford/Chevy/Olds/Pontiac/Hudson/DeSoto dealers) shoot me an email at: fjr340@comcast.net and I'll forward the whole pile to you. Let me know if your email server has file size limits because I can cut up the files into two or three separate emails.

Frank Remlinger
    SDC# A004602R
    Frank Remlinger
    Detroit, Michigan
    SDC# A004602R

In the Coggins Motors pic.. The C Cab wrecker has an M15 bed and rear fenders. Never seen that before.

Matthew Burnette
    Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Comment

Also in the Coggins Motor photo: Nary a bulletnose in sight! Unless the one on the far right in the lot obscured by the stake-bed stakes is one...[?]

KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Seeing photos of cool buildings like these make me wonder what the may might look like today.
        [?] [?] [?]

But then I realize it might be better not to wonder that... [:0] [B)] [V]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
        born a decade (or two) too late...
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Frank,

Welcome to the SDC. Saw the pics in the Jan issue of TNT. I also collect Mopars, having three in various stages of resto.

1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Forgot this one. Can you spot the Stude??

What a mixed up tri color paint job on that four door sedan.[:0] Check out the ~mix~ of new cars in this store: Dodge+Mercedes+DKW= huh?

Frank Remlinger
            SDC# A004602R
            Frank Remlinger
            Detroit, Michigan
            SDC# A004602R

Comment

Nice pictures! Thanks for posting them.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fastfritz

What a mixed up tri color paint job on that four door sedan.[:0] Check out the ~mix~ of new cars in this store: Dodge+Mercedes+DKW= huh?
                That Dealership is crying out Studebaker! [:0]

Note the narrow tall sign with the Mercedes sign on top that is "blacked out" it could have been a vertical "Studebaker" sign! [^]

The Mercedes & DKW is almost a SURE sign that is was a Stude. Dealership! [^] Both were sold by Stude. Dealers.

The new Dodges inside appear to be about '65-'66 about the time they would have made the switch also. That sure would explain the '61 Lark outside, probably a X Stude. Parts Dept. employee or Mechanic, maybe even a Stude, owner picking up some rare Stude. Parts before they are gone! []

Note the BRAND NEW looking Dodge sign on the corner.

I wonder if "Braley's" is in our HUGE Studebaker Dealer List? [?]
                Any idea what Town it is in?

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Those are indeed cool...especially the dealership on the hillside. There used to be a Datsun/Nissan dealer in east Hamilton whose building was laid-out similarly. Y'know, a scale model of that would make a cool display case for model Studes, mounted on a wall.

M-B and DKW were both among the European marques with which Studebaker explored liaisons. I wouldn't be too surprised if Braley Dodge had once been Braley Studebaker...

S.

Comment

FANTASTIC photos- I LOVE pictures like this[:X] E-mail sent!

Rich, just for the heck of it, the Dodges in that building are either 67 or 68 models (at least the yellow one in front of the window is).

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos...john

Comment

THANKS FOR POSTING!-OLD DEALERSHIPS ARE SO MUCH FUN TO LOOK AT AND WONDER...IF ONLY I COULD WALK IN THERE, WHICH CAR WOULD I BUY?

Comment

Again, thanks for the great pictures[^] Here's one currently on eBay:

How 'bout them $1.79 tune-ups??[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks again Frank, very neat pictures!

Comment

Posted this in the Stude Dealers thread, but what the hey, I just like the pic. My good friend owns the shop today, and he & I both are Stude nuts. Heishman Garage, Mt Jackson VA.

Regards

Jase

Comment

Working...
                              X