Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker in Super Bowl XLI Program!

The hits just keep on coming...

There is a Tomato-Soup Red 1953 or 54 C/K Studebaker on Page 3 (the first non-cover page) of the official, full-color, Super Bowl XLI Program. True...and since it is the first page after the front cover, it is seen immediately when you open the program! []

It is placed in one of four photographs on that page, touting the services and products of The Brother Company, originally sewing-machine manufacturers. A gentleman has the Stude's hood open in his good-looking, well-organized shop, with the caption suggesting that Brother labelling systems be used to label inventory items. The car is prominent in the photo, but shows only the RF fender and open hood. You can't tell if it is a C or K body because not enough of the car is shown.

Understandably, the Indianapolis area is awash in Super Bowl material: I just this morning saw a new display that included the Official Super Bowl XLI Program. Imagine the pleasant surprise of opening it up and seeing a nice Studebaker (well, at least part of it) on the first page inside the cover! [:0]

GO COLTS..."Bear" season opens -and closes- February 4th! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

thank God we have the most important thing in common with each other...Studebakering because COLTS= Can Only Lose The Superbowl. I am wondering how the South Bend crowd will cheer. Colts are in Indy, but NW Indiana is so influenced by Chicago

Chris Kot
    63 GT Hawk
    37 Dictator

Comment

thank God we have the most important thing in common with each other...Studebakering because COLTS= Can Only Lose The Superbowl. I am wondering how the South Bend crowd will cheer. Colts are in Indy, but NW Indiana is so influenced by Chicago

Chris Kot
      63 GT Hawk
      37 Dictator

Comment

Yeah Yeah Yeah!
        Da' Bears are going to still be practicing their Super Bowl shuffle, while Peyton Manning is playing pitch and catch with Marvin and Da' rest of his receivers!
        The Colts defense has finally showed up, (after being MIA for the season) And for Rex Grossman, depends which one shows up, the one that CAN play well, or the one that, well, the Bears fans know what I'm saying! <G>
        All in all, it should be a GREAT game, but, the Colts will prevail in the end, remember, we have Adam Vinatari!

GO COLTS

Jim

Comment

Yeah Yeah Yeah!
          Da' Bears are going to still be practicing their Super Bowl shuffle, while Peyton Manning is playing pitch and catch with Marvin and Da' rest of his receivers!
          The Colts defense has finally showed up, (after being MIA for the season) And for Rex Grossman, depends which one shows up, the one that CAN play well, or the one that, well, the Bears fans know what I'm saying! <G>
          All in all, it should be a GREAT game, but, the Colts will prevail in the end, remember, we have Adam Vinatari!

GO COLTS

Jim

Comment

All in good fun. I am just glad my team is in, and a new AFC team as well. I almost wish it were anyone else except the Colts, because I can't really dislike them with Tony, Peyton, etc. Just hope for a good close game 9atypical of these events)

Chris Kot
            63 GT Hawk
            37 Dictator

Comment

All in good fun. I am just glad my team is in, and a new AFC team as well. I almost wish it were anyone else except the Colts, because I can't really dislike them with Tony, Peyton, etc. Just hope for a good close game 9atypical of these events)

Chris Kot
              63 GT Hawk
              37 Dictator

Comment

ebay is loaded with XLI programs for sale...............Brad

Comment

ebay is loaded with XLI programs for sale...............Brad

Comment

Yep, It's gonna be a good game! A LOT of youse guy prpbably don't remember the last Super Bowl the Colts were in, Super Bowl V Colts and Cowboys, We've seen enough of the 1-15 years and 3-13 years over the past 36 years. It's "OUR" time this year! Indy also is putting in for the 2011 Super bowl. Our new stadium will be done in 2008. The "Lucas Oil Stadium" I think Lucas Oil Field sounds better, but, I didn't put up the 20 million bucks to name it! <G> I could just see it in lights! "Turner Brake Studebaker Stadium" <G>
                    The game will all depend on whick Colts defense shows up, and which Rex Grossman shows up!

GO COLTS

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

Yep, It's gonna be a good game! A LOT of youse guy prpbably don't remember the last Super Bowl the Colts were in, Super Bowl V Colts and Cowboys, We've seen enough of the 1-15 years and 3-13 years over the past 36 years. It's "OUR" time this year! Indy also is putting in for the 2011 Super bowl. Our new stadium will be done in 2008. The "Lucas Oil Stadium" I think Lucas Oil Field sounds better, but, I didn't put up the 20 million bucks to name it! <G> I could just see it in lights! "Turner Brake Studebaker Stadium" <G>
                      The game will all depend on whick Colts defense shows up, and which Rex Grossman shows up!

GO COLTS

Jim
                      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                      their Memorials!

Comment

STUDEBAKER CONTENT IN THE PROGRAM WAS A GREAT PREDICTOR OF THE GAME'S OUTCOME! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

STUDEBAKER CONTENT IN THE PROGRAM WAS A GREAT PREDICTOR OF THE GAME'S OUTCOME! BP

Comment

Working...
                          X