Valve Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Cover

Could some one be able to tell me what Studebaker model and engine size these valve covers came off of and how I can determine their value?
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Those are small block Chevy valve covers that someone simply put Studebaker discs over the oil filler/PCV cut out holes. They look like old Cal Custom valve covers to me.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Small block Chevy (like a Chevelle ). Somebody just stuck some Studebaker stickers on them.

It's a little hard to tell but it looks like they may be '58 and earlier ones with the hold down bolts not opposite each other.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chevelle

Could some one be able to tell me what Studebaker model and engine size these valve covers came off of and how I can determine their value?
        Any assistance would be appreciated.

Probably a 66 with the Chevy engine that someone added the Studebaker disks to the GM aftermarket covers.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. I've done several Chevy restorations over the years and am cleaning out my shed when I came across them. Must have came up on them while swaping parts with other gear heads over the years.

Thanks again.

Comment

Someone may have put those covers on a 283 engine in a 65 or 66 Studebaker which was originally equipped with a Chevy engine. Bud

Comment

Start em at $20.00 for the pair! [^]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X