Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker toys go racin'! (And plant pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker toys go racin'! (And plant pics)

The other night James gave me this red #32 '53 race car. Now I have a red and green one.

Gettin' ready in the pits!

An Avanti pacing the field!

Studebaker takes the win!

Proving once again that I have WAY too much time on my hands...

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Cool, Ive never seen that red one. I have several of the green ones including one that never got the numbers and lettering. Steve

sigpic

Comment

I've got one other red one with just flames on it too. I think thats a drag racer.

Chris Dresbach
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

I think the red #32 is a brand new release.

Chris Dresbach
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Yes there are a couple of other red ones, I just havent seen that particular one yet. Steve

sigpic

Comment

Chris,

How about some more pics of your Studebaker village in the background... Is that a Studebaker dealer, train yard and factory as well ???

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (under restoration)</div id="left">
            sigpic
            John
            63R-2386
            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63avanti

Chris,

How about some more pics of your Studebaker village in the background... Is that a Studebaker dealer, train yard and factory as well ???

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (under restoration)</div id="left">
              Yup! You bet, Ill post some more tonight.

Chris Dresbach
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

This is my "dealership". It is literally falling apart. It will me replaced after christmas. The fire station next to it say: "Studebaker Plant Protection" The boxcar came from the foundry.

This is part of my factory. The towering building in the center serves as the "foundry", the building in front of it is assembly, and the white building behind it is... I'm not sure, lets call it "Sub-Assembly".[?] The white building was actually found and recovered from the real studebaker foundry, along with the yellow boxcar. The orange studebaker train engine is a copy of the real engine used by studebaker, built by myself.

This is my cheap mock up of the stamping plant, sorta... The train actually goes thru it! It has semi docks, train docks, and a loading area for cars, where the champ is sitting. It even has a second floor for holding cars, where the ramp is.
                There ya have it, not totally accurate, but works for me. I am still gradually working on it and changing buildings to more realistic ones until it looks identical to the real factory. If you want to see something close up, let me know and I will take a pic of it and post it. It looks a lot better in person though.

Chris Dresbach
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Gosh, I need to fix a few things on that factory![xx(][V]

Chris Dresbach
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

WOW .... A replica Studebaker plant and dealership. Great work Chris, I now nominate you as the Number One SDC Studebaker fan member !!!!

Your school work load must be light or you have way too much time. Once you get into girls your hobby time will disappear, so if there is a girl out there break her in right and let her know the Studebaker thing is not an option !!!! LOL

sigpic
                    John
                    63R-2386

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63avanti

WOW .... A replica Studebaker plant and dealership. Great work Chris, I now nominate you as the Number One SDC Studebaker fan member !!!!

Your school work load must be light or you have way too much time. Once you get into girls your hobby time will disappear, so if there is a girl out there break her in right and let her know the Studebaker thing is not an option !!!! LOL

Yup! Studes are not optional! As for hobbies, you can tell by the speedway(s) on the train board that I'm also into racing. Thats the Lawn-Lark side of things. School work, not too bad. I go to a catholic high school, but still get it all done before I mess around with my "habbit" of Studebakers. Girls... They talk to me all the time at school, but I decided to just kinda merry my car...[?][xx(][)] LOL

Chris Dresbach
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

When you get that Studebaker of yours where you can drive it. Drive it up to your school and then pick out the prettiest gal that runs up to your car and thinks it is cool and to die for. LOL

sigpic
                        John
                        63R-2386

Comment

I've shown most of them pictures of it... If it isnt "Whats that?" it's "Thats cool!" And thats the last I hear of it![V] LOL

Chris Dresbach
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Please don't let them use that big a*s hauler truck with the white cab in the new "Car" movie... it'll scare the heck out of the kids.[:0]

Comment

In High School, I had a girl tell me she'd marry me if I owned a Golden Hawk. (She saw the picture I had of one on my notebook.)

Later, that same girl distracted me one day while leaving the parking lot, and that resulted in a banged up front fender on my '59 truck. I decided right then and there that it was a good thing I didn't own a Hawk. [)]

Matthew Burnette
                              Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Comment

Working...
                              X