Craiglist deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craiglist deal

Whoa! Let someone else skin their knuckles. Get the buffer out and your good to go!

Dave in IN
    1964 GT Hawk
    sigpic
    '89 Ford Festiva
    '90 Ford F250 4x4
    '18 Kia Soul
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

If that's as good as presented, somebody needs to snatch that.

Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

MAN! There was a time, not too long ago - when I'd have jumped on that like a trout on a June bug and had it on ebay in a week.

If that description is true, and this was someone's "dream car", they could save a HEAP o' money by latchin' onto this![:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Unless that guy is the world's biggest liar, that is one heck of a deal.

Doug
        Venice, Florida
        1950 Champion
        9G F1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by David

Whoa! Let someone else skin their knuckles. Get the buffer out and your good to go!

Dave in IN
          1964 GT Hawk

Got a good buffer ? I passed on it a few months back

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks John/JDP. I had forgotten that. It is about what I would expect. I did consider going for a ride. I wasn't about to buy it from the CL listing. I was disappointed in the last three vehicles that I purchased sight unseen and lost money on each one. I used to buy a lot sight unseen. What has changed?

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hard to tell if it is rusting from the inside out or outside in. 2 different animals. Someone close might be able to look the car over and give a good or bad report. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Hard to tell if it is rusting from the inside out or outside in. 2 different animals. Someone close might be able to look the car over and give a good or bad report. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                I just posted the one picture but the bottom of the fenders and doors are blowing out with rust too.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary
                  I was disappointed in the last three vehicles that I purchased sight unseen and lost money on each one. I used to buy a lot sight unseen. What has changed?
                  At some point in the last ten years "no rust" has changed to mean "it isn't completely rusted out" and "daily driver" means "you could probably limp it home".

My first two Studebakers were purchased site unseen, but now (the last 2 years) I want to actually see the car myself before I buy it.

Nick

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 61Lark

quote:Originally posted by studegary
                    I was disappointed in the last three vehicles that I purchased sight unseen and lost money on each one. I used to buy a lot sight unseen. What has changed?
                    At some point in the last ten years "no rust" has changed to mean "it isn't completely rusted out" and "daily driver" means "you could probably limp it home".

My first two Studebakers were purchased site unseen, but now (the last 2 years) I want to actually see the car myself before I buy it.

Nick
                    Give the seller some credit. I asked him for pictures of any rust and he sent them and that saved me a trip north. I don't think I've found a rust belt car I'd buy in a few years, but thought the GT might have been a recent import into the salt belt.

JDP/Maryland
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

[/quote]
                      Give the seller some credit.
                      [/quote]

I give the guy credit for sending you pictures of the rusted out areas, but that highlights why it is a good idea to take a look before buying.

Nick

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 61Lark
                        Give the seller some credit.
                        [/quote]

I give the guy credit for sending you pictures of the rusted out areas, but that highlights why it is a good idea to take a look before buying.

Nick
                        [/quote]

I buy 95% of my cars sight unseen, but I do often ask for more pictures. Most everyone has a digital camera now, so it's easy.

JDP/Maryland
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                        X