Chrysler brake drums on Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler brake drums on Stude

I just read an old post from 10/14/06 by John Kirchhoff on using Chrysler brake drums on Stude. I would like a follow-up on that if possible and also, canthey be used on the rear? What were they off of?

There has been a post more recently about using Jeep brake drums on some Studes. You might search that. The Chrysler drum tip does sound familiar, but I don't have it at hand. In either case you would have to use the Studebaker hub with the other drum.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

64-72 E Body Chrysler drums will work with a change of inner wheel bearing and grease seal.

Comment

The E body is 70-74 Barracuda and Challenger. Did you mean B body? mid size 62-75 or so.

Dick Whelan Spencerport NY

Comment

The one's I used were off a 71 Dodge Charger. Saw the same ones on a 65 or 66 Furry.

Comment

Are you guys talking about the front or rear? He mentioned the rear in his question.

1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I have been looking for 11 inch finned rear brake drums for my 63 Lark 2dr/ht and recently spoke to a fellow who has 2 NOS,MOPAR drums less hubs. I spoke with a brake shop in Edmonton who still has the ability to do the swaging required to install them on Stude hubs,but it is not cheap,over $100.00 per wheel.Buy the time I purchase the drums,it's cheeper to buy new ones from SI. I'll look for a decent set of used drums and have them ground. This info for what it's worth.

Comment

The post I was refering to was ID=6423 from 10/14/06. He used Chrysler rear drums on Stude front hubs. I want to know if the same drums could be used on Stude rear hubs. I have a part no. (L-36860) from the post. It may be 81 Ply. Fury V-8 or 77 Dodge D150 truck. I would like more info.

Comment

I have 11" rear fin drums with hubs $50.00 each plus shipping and for $10.00 each will have them turned.. call me a t 510-266-2522 if you are interested, or e-mail at candbstudebakers@sbcglobal.net

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                  canbstudebakers-
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Jim, don't you need 10" drums, not 11"? You're working on the rear brakes, right?

Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

You're right, I need 10" on the back. I'm still going to pick up a couple of 11" ones for spares for the front. The post I refered to mentioned checking on 10" drums also

Comment

Working...
                      X