Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always check the shipping costs

I'm just glad I didn't bid.

(Also pays to read the whole listing, lol)
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

For that price, it'd better be hand-delivered by Reese Witherspoon in high heels and a nightie!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

It takes a lot of money to get stuff out of the woods of West Virginia. By the way, it appears that Ms. Witherspoon may soon be available.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

OMG Guido it's very disturbing that you knew this, get back out to the garage and leave the teen sites alone.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

OMG Guido it's very disturbing that you knew this, get back out to the garage and leave the teen sites alone.
          I have to log into Yahoo to access my e-mail account and this was the headline at the time. Don't worry, I wasn't trolling the internet for it.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

If Obama has some of the stimulus money left he could help you out on the Shipping for the carb

Tom

sigpic

Comment

This is a major gripe I have with Ebay since they rolled out their changes earlier this year.

Forcing sellers to enter a shipping cost when placing a listing is stupid IMO. I always try to charge actual shipping -determined at the end of the auction when the item is boxed and weighed with a known destination.

The reason I like to wait, is because a lot of times buyers ask questions about items during the auction and it helps to have the item un-boxed and accessible so that it can be inspected more closely and or more detailed pics can be taken.

I also box things differently depending on how far they are traveling and by what method since different carriers have different rules. Also, some charge depending on when the package is dropped off -so getting a quote one week doesn't mean you'll necessarily be paying that when you finally collect your payment and drop it off for delivery.

And lastly, as a seller the whole thing is ridiculous now that buyers actually rate sellers on delivery times and costs -something completely out of the seller's control once the item has been shipped.

Did I mention I think the whole thing stinks [xx(]

Well, that's my Ebay rant for today

Comment

Aye. Ebay is obviously being run by idiots who are wrecking it's profitability with all these inane new rules. I own two collectible stores and we used to routinely sell stuff on eBay. Not anymore. And, now I only bid on the rarest of items that I really really want. [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by wcarroll@outrageous.net

This is a major gripe I have with Ebay since they rolled out their changes earlier this year.

Forcing sellers to enter a shipping cost when placing a listing is stupid IMO. I always try to charge actual shipping -determined at the end of the auction when the item is boxed and weighed with a known destination.

The reason I like to wait, is because a lot of times buyers ask questions about items during the auction and it helps to have the item un-boxed and accessible so that it can be inspected more closely and or more detailed pics can be taken.

I also box things differently depending on how far they are traveling and by what method since different carriers have different rules. Also, some charge depending on when the package is dropped off -so getting a quote one week doesn't mean you'll necessarily be paying that when you finally collect your payment and drop it off for delivery.

And lastly, as a seller the whole thing is ridiculous now that buyers actually rate sellers on delivery times and costs -something completely out of the seller's control once the item has been shipped.

Did I mention I think the whole thing stinks [xx(]

Well, that's my Ebay rant for today

edp/NC
                '63 Avanti
                '66 Commander
                edp/NC
                \'63 Avanti
                \'66 Commander

Comment

BTW: Who is Reese Witherspoon?

Don Wilson
                  53 Commander Hardtop
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton
                  Centralia, WA
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Would the stimulus money for this be called cash for carbs?

Bill

Comment

CFC Works for me
                      Tom

sigpic

Comment

the way the auction is written up one will only pay actual shipping cost at the end, not to hard to take a carb. and weight it and figure what it will cost from seller to you then just wait until he gives you a price if not close let him know and don't let him play games with the shipping, he can't give you a bad feed back now days. been there done that ...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                        canbstudebakers-
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

E-Bay and Paypal are getting too powerful for me, i sold a Lark speedometer and gauges the other day to a forum member, told him Paypal would be fine, it went in to my account, i decided i needed the money for something and went to my account to retrive it, says you cant send it to yourself. So now i guess if i want my money i have to buy something off e-bay.
                          As for shipping when gas skyrocketed so did shipping, but when gas comes down shipping stays the same.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
                          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

If you have a verified Paypal account tied to a bank account, you can withdraw money directly to your bank account. Or, get a Paypal debit card and suck it out of an ATM. I've been doing it for years and never had a problem.

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

E-Bay and Paypal are getting too powerful for me, i sold a Lark speedometer and gauges the other day to a forum member, told him Paypal would be fine, it went in to my account, i decided i needed the money for something and went to my account to retrive it, says you cant send it to yourself. So now i guess if i want my money i have to buy something off e-bay.
                            As for shipping when gas skyrocketed so did shipping, but when gas comes down shipping stays the same.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
                            Mark Anderson
                            Member SDC and FMCA
                            Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ddub

BTW: Who is Reese Witherspoon?

[:I]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                              '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X