No announcement yet.

Turbo charged Champion 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe some of you have seen this before. This is the kind of off the wall stuff that really sparks my interest. If I had any money I'd bid on it. Dick

Comment

Now that's something you don't see everyday.

Comment

I like that! looks like something that Studebaker could/should have made. but maybe with a V8, but the turbo is cool wonder how it goes.

1957 Golden Hawk
        "Studebaker? they dont make them anymore"
        sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Hmm... the ad says it was a business coupe that someone made into a convertible, I don't see any added reinforcing in the pictures.

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt
          http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

I would love to examine this one up close.
            It is sad though that he cut up a business coupe to do this. I hope the top was caved in so that it was actually saved this way. It is rare to see a home grown convertible that has all the details finished.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I like the look even better than the four seater convertible; looks fast even standing still. I wondered about the underside too... shouldn't he have installed the optional hook and eye latches on the doors for going over bumps and around corners? If I could afford this car, I'd remove those aftermarket guages and get some tweaking (cosmetic at least) done on the top, especially at the front. I hope it has a T86. The single best improvement to my way of thinking would be dual exhausts attached to a Cathcart split exhaust manifold. I wonder what it sound like??

Jim B on PEI
              63 259 o/d Wagonaire
              57 Champion W4 o/d
              57 Champion W4 automatic

Comment

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...arged+champion. Here is one that I found.

Comment

Working...
                  X