Speedo cable broke on Wagonaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo cable broke on Wagonaire

I have a '66 Wagonaire with the bowtie motor and B/W auto trans.
    Where can I find a new speedometer cable, and how much trouble will it be to remove and replace it?
    Any tricks to know, or things to watch out for?
    Thanks!~

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

I have a '66 Wagonaire with the bowtie motor and B/W auto trans.
    Where can I find a new speedometer cable, and how much trouble will it be to remove and replace it?
    Any tricks to know, or things to watch out for?
    Thanks!~
    Probably just the core is broken. It is easy to take the end loose at the tranny to pull out the bottom part of ther broken core. The hard part is getting it loose at the back of the speedometer to pull out the upper piece (unless you have tiny, nimble hands and wrists). I imagine many vendors have the core and you might even be able to buy a universal type where you cut it to your required length yourself.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Thanks, Paul - anyone else?

Chris Pile
      Editor: The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

What Paul said. If you have big paws like I do, getting your hand up behind the speedo can be a challenge. Don't wear anything metal while doing it.

Terry

Comment

Working...
        X