introduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduce myself

my name is Benny i live in the great state of Washington and I'm a proud owner of a 1936 president 4dr sdn, i would really like to restore the car to stock . I'm wondering does anybody know a good parts source for these old straight eights? or if you have rebuilt an old 250 I'd like to hear from you. thanks Benny

Welcome, Benny! We can't help you with the questions you asked, but we're glad you are here. Would love to see pictures if you get the chance!

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. George Rohrbach can help. Here is his website:
      This website is for sale! highspeedmotors.com is your first and best source for information about highspeedmotors. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Craig

Comment

Welcome! Beautifull car you are planning on restoreing! I too unfortunetly can't help you with that motor. I'm up in Everett, hope you see you around sometime!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Welcome Benny, this is a great place to fine help on you car, I am amazed at how fast these guys come into these type questions with a answer.
          By the way my name is Benny also.

Comment

Welcome Benny. Buy yourself a service manual for your car from one of our vendors. Read the engine section several times, then do it yourself. Those old engines are not really that complicated.

66 Commander R1 Clone
            51 Commander 4dr
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Hey Benny... Welcome!
              The Antique Studebaker Club specializes in pre-WWII Studebakers.
              Their website is:

Hope The Info Helps
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studebakerbenny

my name is Benny i live in the great state of Washington and I'm a proud owner of a 1936 president 4dr sdn, i would really like to restore the car to stock . I'm wondering does anybody know a good parts source for these old straight eights? or if you have rebuilt an old 250 I'd like to hear from you. thanks Benny
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Benny, Welcome to the forum. If you have not done so...join the Studebaker Drivers Club. Think of those Verizon commercials...you don't just get a Studebaker...you get the whole Studebaker family! There are "experts" somewhere on just about anything Studebaker, including your car. Getting "in the loop" will provide you with resources to help you get your car to where you want it to be. As soon as you can...post some pictures. We love pictures. And once again from way down here in the good ol' south...welcome to the forum.

John Clary
                Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
                SDC member since 1975
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I too am glad to welcome you to our fold. I would repeat what others have said about joining the SDC plus find a local chapter to hook up with as well. You can join on this site as well as finding that local chapter.

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Welcome,

As a fairly new member let me say that the folks I've met in these forums are super people. As I have discovered, and you will soon discover also, you're in good hands with these folks backing you up.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

Welcome aboard, Benny! SDC is a great resource, and you really need to get involved in the Antique Studebaker Club as well. SDC focuses primarily on the post WWII Studes. Of course we (of SDC) embrace ALL Studes - even back to the horse-drawn era, se we're glad you're here to share about your '36 - which is a gem of a car, by the way!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1963 Cruiser
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

thanks everybody for the nice welcome and the tips! later benny

Comment

Working...
                        X