1964 Studebaker Cruiser radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Studebaker Cruiser radiator

Will a 1964 Cruiser radiator fit a 1964 GT Hawk. I am looking for a radiator that has to have 3 cords that fit 1964 GT Hawk.

Yes should fit, but pay attention to the direction that the overflow on the filler neck points. (If that matters to you?)

Comment

It'll fit. Studebaker was cheap and used the same parts on several models.

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

It'll fit. Studebaker was cheap and used the same parts on several models.

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Would this be a case of CASC--- Cheap A$$ Studebaker Company
        or just financially savvy

Tom

sigpic

Comment

It wasn't cheap as much as being woefully underfunded for product development, for more than their last decade. I am constantly amazed at how they took the freaky-looking 58 body and made it into a totally new-looking car, the Lark... how that Lark was given a few different makeovers that really changed the look with mostly smoke and mirrors... and how about transforming the Hawk into the GT- not all that much change, but BOY, what a different look! And let's not forget the effort to bring an outdated engine design into the performance world without the funds for what it really needed, a major re-engineering...

Stude's resourcefulness right to the end is- to me at least- admirable, and near miraculous! To call them cheap does them a real disservice

There's a big difference between "making do" because you're a cheapskate, and doing so because you just don't have the funds. I've often wondered what Stude could have done with their creative bunch, combined with a Big 3 budget... oh, the possibilities....

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks for the info. Found a radiator. I will ask more questions. Since I am more of a 1950 to 1951 Stude person, I am not educated as of yet on hawks. I plan to get my books on hawks today.

Comment

Working...
            X