Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1950 Studebaker Business Coupe - 1,371 HORSEPOWER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Studebaker Business Coupe - 1,371 HORSEPOWER!

Really?

From the post:

This is an extremely well engineered car. This is a real 1950 Studebaker Business Coupe. Studebaker only produced 849 Champion Regal Business Coupes in 1950 and this car is one of them. This makes it a somewhat rare body style. The car however has undergone many changes. We will never know whether the Studebaker Bros would be impressed with the car or would run from the loud rumble that this classic produces. We would like to think they would be amazed that this much horsepower was packed into a car they meant for traveling salesmen (came out of factory with no backseat). The car was put together by the skilled builders at Sachse Rod Shop, which is known for their quality rides.

Not only was this engine built professionally but was built by one of the best. The 632 Hans Feustel built engine is a thing of beauty. Car guys across the country bow down in its presence. It rumbles to life and sounds amazing through its custom exhaust. It is hooked up to a very strong turbo 400 transmission with trans brake. When you feel that need to smoke the tires, the line lock will give you all the control you need. When it comes to shifting there is nothing smoother than the custom air shifter on this Studebaker. When it comes to drag racing a strong rear end is very important. This is no problem when there is a 4 link 9" Ford rear end with Mark Williams components. Worried that its all show? Let the numbers do the talking! The following DYNO sheet has the car pumping out 1,105.9 lbs of torque and 1,371.0 horsepower at 6511 RPMs on a mild tune. The car has run 8.60 in the quarter mile on the same mild tune. It has a lot more potential for power.

The interior is finished out with black vinyl seats, custom built console, a beautifully painted purple dash, and a full roll cage. The custom made console houses everything from the shifter, headlight switch, horn, NOS controls, to the extra gauges (oil pressure, amp gauge, water temperature, NOS gauge, carburetor, and fuel gauge). To keep you shifting in perfect time the Auto Meter pro-comp memory tachometer is mounted in perfect position behind the removable racing steering wheel. The dash has been completely smoothed down to just the original style speedometer and is painted purple with custom graphics that say "Bullit." I don't think we are going to need to explain how it received that nickname. The trunk is also finished out nicely with the gas tank mounted between the huge tubs as will as the nitrous bottle which is strategically placed under the continuation of the roll cage.

This car is absolutely amazing. It is coated in black primer and is completely ready for paint. It comes with a binder giving a complete breakdown of various parts of the build. From receipts to the hand drawn wiring diagrams this binder contains endless information!

Being sold at 1/2 of what it would cost to build at $59,950.00!

($45,000.00 without motor)

Jersey2J | Sacramento, CA
    9G 1950 Studebaker Champion/W3 4-Door DeLuxe
    Visit my Studebaker website - updated often: http://www.studebakerguide.com

I wannit!, Too bad I can't afford it.

Dean.

Comment

Overkill is a word I would apply to the engine.

Chris Pile
      Editor: The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Oh wow. Another "mine's bigger than yours!" exercise. [|)]

Another car rendered "toy".

Wonder what kinda GPM (Gallons per Mile) it averages?

I'd bet the Studebaker brothers WOULD be impressed - just not in positive fashion.

If you like this thing, that's cool. It's just that I could find WAY BETTER ways to spend that kinda money.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here are the rest of the pictures, if i was lookin to buy a race car this would be it, i'm too old and broke.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Way over built for my taste. I bet it draws lots of gawkers when its parked at a car show. I would look, but I don't want it.
            The seller is really enthusiastic though! [)]

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Just think how many nice Studes you could buy with the $59,000! I'm sorry, but this car is just nuts.

Doug
              Venice, Florida
              1950 Champion 9G F1

Comment

In my opinion, the hoodscoop doesn't suit the bullet-nose design very well. Perhaps if it was made from two large round tubes to simulate the look of guns or maybe designed to look like a pair of torpedos it might look more appropriate to me as it would enhance the image of a fighter plane. I suppose this design is the most functional however. Speaking of airplane, I wonder how it would look with a pair of tall tailfins....

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Just think how many nice Studes you could buy with the $59,000!
                  I'm thinking 4 or 5 at least.

Chris Pile
                  Editor: The Studebaker Special
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Depends on what you want to pay for Studes, you could possibally get 59 of them or 6 real decent ones

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
                    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Quality is highly overrated. I'd buy at least 59 rusty Studes for that money.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                      sigpic

Comment

Of course the SDC is not much of a big power crowd - but in the $50k range for a legit and reliable 8.6x e.t. car is a comparatively good deal.

On a car with the body shape of a bullet nose there is probably no scoop that would look right. What would be cool is to use the lowest cowl hood needded to clear the tall engine - and then turn the bullet nose into the engine "scoop".

Thomas

Comment

Ho-Hum..They misspelled "bullet"

Comment

I like it way to much. Wish I had one. Gene.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Thomas63R2

Of course the SDC is not much of a big power crowd - but in the $50k range for a legit and reliable 8.6x e.t. car is a comparatively good deal.

On a car with the body shape of a bullet nose there is probably no scoop that would look right. What would be cool is to use the lowest cowl hood needded to clear the tall engine - and then turn the bullet nose into the engine "scoop".

Thomas
                              Yeah, I like the idea of using the hoods bullet as a scoop!

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X