NOOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOOB

Hi, i'm a newbie here, although i am not new to old cars or studebakers for that matter. bought a 61 lark cruiser regal this summer and have been on the car almost nonstop since. drove this thing all over this summer. my other old car projects have been put aside. i bought the car to try and get it into the hunnert car pile up, a famous pre '65 rod & custom car show in our area. (Chicago) these guys reject a lot of cars (billet parts - bling wheels - trailer queens, etc. will get you booted at the gate.) all cars must be modified. no stock resto's. they had over 1200 cars inside the gate. when i pulled up, the tech guy said " at least tell me this thing's got a studebaker motor in it" i said yeah, it's a 289. he just smiled and said " i got one in my model A " and waived me in. my wife looked at me as if she was both stunned and relieved. (the 48 chev coupe in front of me had just been rejected for modern dragstar wheels) you couldn't slap the smile off me for the rest of the day. thanks to Ed George, Eddie George, and Mason Maynard for tech. advice and encouragement.
    Butch Summers
    61 lark cruiser
    64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Welcome to the Forum, and to SDC Butch! Glad to have another rare '61 Lark Cruiser member here, I can think of about 4 driving examples here already, 5 if you add mine which has never been shown here!

I have always loved the look of a stretched '59-'60 Lark rear roof-line and rear glass that only '61 Cruisers have. The rear glass is a special one-off piece that resembles a '59-'60 but is not because of it's height, it comes all the way down to the deck unlike the '59-'60. []

Mine is a 289 Automatic, White with the beautiful metallic Med. Blue pleated Vinyl reclining split bench seats, I love it! []

You will get all the help here, that you need, good luck with your "Special" Lark! [^]

FYI: the Cruiser was actually above a Regal, so not really called that. A Lark Regal Sedan had the squared off corners rear glass, different roof-line and squared corner doors & rear windows, not to mention the 109" wheelbase vs our 113". The earlier years of long wheelbase Sedans '55 to '58 were mostly the "State" trim level, -the BEST. [^]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Come right on in and make yourself at home!

Chris Pile
      Editor: The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Welcome, youve found the place enjoy at home when not driving your favorite car.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Welcome Butch make your self to home.... Great bunch of Studebaker guys here and lots of friends..Gene.

Comment

Welcome Butch. Be careful - this place is addicting.

Doug

Venice, Florida
            1950 Champion 9G F1

Comment

Glad to have you with us

Comment

Welcome Butch, glad to have you on-board.

Folks, we forgot the most important issue-PICTURES

Bob

Comment

Welcome aboard, Butch! We love the "Different By Design" cars (and trucks) here. '61 Cruiser's a cool ride. Here's my slightly modified 61 Cruiser. It's got the optional SUPER-460 A/C setup. 4 doors gone at 60 MPH.[}]

I give this 1961 Studebaker Cruiser one last fling before I remove the body from the chassis and reduce it all to parts.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This place is addicting and Butch is a really great guy also an a excellent mechanic.He has done a good job improving a very rustfree car and is nice to have another Stude guy in the area to hang out with.Ed

Comment

OK guys, here's my lark. thanks also to my cousin, Jim Moore , for bringing this home on his trailer. it was a 5 hour ride, and the car was so frail that it never would have made it driving.

61 lark cruiser
                      64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Awesome ride![^] I owned one 30 years ago, but it did have some rust issues. Had I known how rare these '61 Cruisers are, I would have made an effort to save it. Did that one belong to Kent before you bought it?

Craig

Comment

i bought the car in wisconsin, but it was part of a five lark ebay deal from california. wisconsin title states "previously titled in CA" - P.O. says it was sold in San Bernardino CA.
                          61 lark cruiser
                          64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Frail??? Looks pretty solid to me![^][8D] Beautiful car too![:X] I used to live practically next door to your car's home town, Riverside CA. Ross Rither lives just the other side of the river from where I lived. Welcome to the madness, Butch. Congrats on scoring a really great car![8D]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                            X