Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another young member joining the forum!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another young member joining the forum!!

Welcome Graeme! Although you're new to this forum, alot of us have known each other for some years already.

Your Hawk sounds neat, but I and a few others here have drooled over pics of that custom 58/57 sedan that you or your dad had. The one that had the fin edges smoothed out. That thing just makes me melt when I see a photo of it![]

Good luck with your schooling and we'll look forward to seein' you in South Bend! Don't be bashful here! We could learn a thing or two from you and your dad.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Welcome Graeme! Although you're new to this forum, alot of us have known each other for some years already.

Your Hawk sounds neat, but I and a few others here have drooled over pics of that custom 58/57 sedan that you or your dad had. The one that had the fin edges smoothed out. That thing just makes me melt when I see a photo of it![]

Good luck with your schooling and we'll look forward to seein' you in South Bend! Don't be bashful here! We could learn a thing or two from you and your dad.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yet another young member joining the forum!!

Hey to everyone! Thought I'd finally start posting on here and get up to date on the latest happenings from Studebakerville! My name is Graeme Hill, I'm 27 and been involved with Studebakers since before I can even remember.

My dad, Roger, has been a member of SDC and the Ontario Chapter since the 70s, and so I've grown up with the marque. (He's owned many Studes including a 64 Lark, 57 Champion 2 dr., 54 Champion 4 dr., 56 Power Hawk, and he currently has a 47 M-5 pickup, a customized 55 Champion 4 dr., and a horse drawn buggy, (year is undeterminable). Growing up in the 80s and 90s, I've been taken to many meets, and as I recall been to several internationals, (88, 90, 95, 97, 00, 02). I even learned to drive on our friend's 62 Lark skytop!

My first car at the age of 18 in 1997 was a beautiful original jet green 64 Commander 6 cyl. In 2002, I reluctantly had to sell it in order to obtain my favourite Studebaker, my dad's old 56 Power Hawk, which he sold to a fellow SDC member in 1989. (I remember crying for days after he sold it!).

I havn't had to do much in order to restore it, as the owner between my dad and I had the engine rebuilt, and the chrome redone. So far, I've just added the wide whites back on. As soon as I have some money coming, (starving student here!), I plan to have the interior redone back to the original upholstry, (everything from seats to door panels to carpeting needs to be done - Phantom has quoted me a hefty price!). However, I plan on bringing her to South Bend in June - regardless of condition.

Anyways, that is a brief history on my life with Studebaker. I hope to become active here as much as possible, (betwen classes and work!) - speaking of which, I better start listening to the prof now!

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk
      - 01 Firebird TransAm WS6

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

Actually - that 57 Scotsman you're thinking about I think belongs to Myno Van Dyke here in Canada. My dad's is a 55 Champion. Most of the chrome has been painted over to body colour, (black). He's split the exhaust (on a 6 it makes it sound like an 8!). And done a few interior upgrades on the seats. Once I figure out how to load in some pics, I'll do so!

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk
        - 01 Firebird TransAm WS6 Convertible

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

Actually - that 57 Scotsman you're thinking about I think belongs to Myno Van Dyke here in Canada. My dad's is a 55 Champion. Most of the chrome has been painted over to body colour, (black). He's split the exhaust (on a 6 it makes it sound like an 8!). And done a few interior upgrades on the seats. Once I figure out how to load in some pics, I'll do so!

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

BTW - I just got my dad to register as well, so he should be joining us here shortly! =)

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

BTW - I just got my dad to register as well, so he should be joining us here shortly! =)

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

Welcome.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
                Ross.
                Riverside, Ca.
                1957 Provincial X2
                1958 Transtar
                sigpic
                Ross.
                Riverside, Ca.
                1957 Provincial X2
                1958 Transtar

Comment

Welcome.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
                  Ross.
                  Riverside, Ca.
                  1957 Provincial X2
                  1958 Transtar
                  sigpic
                  Ross.
                  Riverside, Ca.
                  1957 Provincial X2
                  1958 Transtar

Comment

Now Graeme all you need to do is get your dad and you to come and join the Hamilton SDC chapter !!

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
                    1960 Lark 2dr
                    1960 Champ
                    1964 Daytona HT
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Now Graeme all you need to do is get your dad and you to come and join the Hamilton SDC chapter !!

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
                      1960 Lark 2dr
                      1960 Champ
                      1964 Daytona HT
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Welcome; Its certianly nice to have another younger fellow forum member (I'm 23).

Kent

Comment

Welcome; Its certianly nice to have another younger fellow forum member (I'm 23).

Kent

Comment

I gotta say - I'm heartened that Graeme is but one cog in a good-sized wheel of young Stude nuts we have in attendance of this forum. Wondering out loud - if this forum maybe could scew one's perception as to the number of "younger" folks that are active with Studebakers. (notice I didn't say "active in SDC")(and might I further qualify "younger" as those born since the last Stude was constructed) And I profess that wondering becuase this internet Studebaker forum IS still a sort of "newfangled contraption" that alot of oldtimers have told me they'll never embrace. Anyways...
                            I don't know that it sould REALLY matter that much against the grand scheme of things, but I find it comforting to know that once I and other's of my era are returned to the elements, there'll be Studebakers still fixed up, shown off and fawned over!

I'd like to have a roll call here for those of age 41 and less that at least LURK here on a regular basis. (age 41, since we're fast approacing the 41st anniversary of the building of the last Studebaker)[^]

#1 Matthew Burnett
                            #2 Graeme Hill
                            #3 ?

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I gotta say - I'm heartened that Graeme is but one cog in a good-sized wheel of young Stude nuts we have in attendance of this forum. Wondering out loud - if this forum maybe could scew one's perception as to the number of "younger" folks that are active with Studebakers. (notice I didn't say "active in SDC")(and might I further qualify "younger" as those born since the last Stude was constructed) And I profess that wondering becuase this internet Studebaker forum IS still a sort of "newfangled contraption" that alot of oldtimers have told me they'll never embrace. Anyways...
                              I don't know that it sould REALLY matter that much against the grand scheme of things, but I find it comforting to know that once I and other's of my era are returned to the elements, there'll be Studebakers still fixed up, shown off and fawned over!

I'd like to have a roll call here for those of age 41 and less that at least LURK here on a regular basis. (age 41, since we're fast approacing the 41st anniversary of the building of the last Studebaker)[^]

#1 Matthew Burnett
                              #2 Graeme Hill
                              #3 ?

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X