Why no action on this beautiful Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no action on this beautiful Car

I have been watching the slow bidding on what appears to be a really nice car and just wondered what was wrong with the car to bring such a low price. In the photos the car appears really nice.

Steve

Its a Land Cruiser, (President State Sedan)not a coupe, or Speedster. While it appears to be restored, there are several items not Original, one wonders how much more isn't original.

From personal experience, the $7,100 is at least half of what it took to get it in that condition. That would only buy the parts, no labor.

I agree, it ought to be more.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    ....On the road, again....
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

Well if you think this $4500.00 car is worth over $10,000.00, I've got some Florida Everglades land I will sell you real cheap! [:0] Lol!

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Well if you think this $4500.00 car is worth over $10,000.00, I've got some Florida Everglades land I will sell you real cheap! [:0] Lol!

StudeRich
        $4500 is all you think it is worth? I'd think closer to $7500, if it is in top shape.

Chip
        '63 Cruiser daily driver
        '57 Packard wagon on the road!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Nice car. That paintjob absolutely shouts "Caledonia Canada Day Cruise"...

S.

Comment

I don't see the reason to degrade a Studebaker in that condition. You know a mid fifties Chevy in that condition would sell for WAY more than $4500. I think 10K wouldn't be unreasonable for that car. Maybe those who want to low-ball Studebakers should join some Ford or Chevy club. Then you can look down your nose all you want.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Easy, Scott.
              We StudeFolk are notoriously frugal.

Chris Pile
              Editor: The Studebaker Special
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

StudeRich, I want to paint my '55 Land Cruiser, how much is it going to cost me? What does that leave for me to do that I can do and not spend more than $4,500?

I'd be thrilled to get $10,000 for mine after it was painted, but I'd still be upside down.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
                Tom Bredehoft
                '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
                '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
                ....On the road, again....
                '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                All Indiana built cars

Comment

I can't believe they took the super caso way out on the tail light housings. After all that work.

Comment

I would say that "Presentation" is part of the blame. It is a rather bland unimaginative presentation. Very few pictures. Perhaps if they had enthusiastically done a presentation similar to the one Dick Steinkamp did on his "Ute", the results could be entirely different.

John Clary
                    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
                    SDC member since 1975
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Dang I gotta quit looking at the pix of that car. Looks like a very nicely-baked cake on which the Canada Day paintscheme is the icing. The chrome moons and wide whites are so right on that bodystyle; and I don't really care about the painted taillight bezels, curious though they look on a car with its entire nose "dipped" in chrome! I do wonder whether or not the engine is Stude, as the listing only says it's a gas V8.

I cannot afford to be in love with a '55 Stude right now...[]

S.

Comment

I have one a little to far gone to restore I got for the 259 to put in my 51 Commander Starlite coupe I would love to have a nice one like that to drive and injoy.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

Dang I gotta quit looking at the pix of that car. Looks like a very nicely-baked cake on which the Canada Day paintscheme is the icing. The chrome moons and wide whites are so right on that bodystyle; and I don't really care about the painted taillight bezels, curious though they look on a car with its entire nose "dipped" in chrome! I do wonder whether or not the engine is Stude, as the listing only says it's a gas V8.

I cannot afford to be in love with a '55 Stude right now...[]

S.

I keep looking at it also, I love the side profile view of the car. I think it is a beautiful car that has much better styling than a 55 chevy. The colors are just right on that car.

Steve

Comment

Well... it's at seventy-five hundred with the reserve not met. The owner just might make ten grand yet. Beautiful car, and I like the painted tail light housings.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

What a beautiful car. And yes, some non-OEM parts but I wouldn't throw rocks at it. The one thing that bothers me is a 2-barrel carb with dual exhaust. Methinks all 2nd series Prez State had 4-barrel. Why a 2 now?

Would I want it, in spite of the non-stock stuff? IN A MINUTE!!

John

Comment

Working...
                              X