PDA

View Full Version : spark plug wire looms

N8N
08-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Anyone got any good ideas how to loom my spark plug wires so they stay neat? I'm using the finned aluminum 2-bolt valve covers, so I no longer have the little clips in the middle of the valve covers. I do have some wire looms that I'm going to be fiddling with trying to come up with something good but while I'm thinking about it would be interested to see if anyone has done something really trick. I have seen the center bolt style wire looms sold for SBCs and I think they would work for me, but I'm doing my car kind of retro so I don't think billet anything would be the right look.

Yes, I am almost at the point where I can start thinking about this stuff. I have a couple more pieces to paint and a few more grommets and plugs to buy and I'll be putting my front end back together.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

bige
08-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I eliminated the stainless steel stuff on my Avanti and will be experimenting on looms myself one of these days. As a start I bought some Taylor clamp on seperators from Summit. The catalog shows only red and blue but if you search Summit website under Taylor you also have a choice of black or chrome. Oddly enough the chrome ones were cheaper?! I bought a couple of sets. I'm thinking there may be a couple of ways to make some brackets that I can bolt these to. They screw together, so insert one longer screw on one side and use it to hold that to a bracket. At least that's the plan so far...

Ernie

R2 R5388