hardtop specific trim/rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardtop specific trim/rubber

Perhaps someone can supply a picture or tip on Weatherstripping for me. I have part #292266-7 from Stude. Intl., which is rear door seal for 52 hardtop. Unlike most weatherstripping, this part has a special molded end that I think goes at point #1 in picture. It's built to screw down.
    I don't have a screw hole here. So no idea really how it is supposed to end up. Shop manual and some pics I got from Dwain G. don't show it clearly either. I have a call in to SI but if anyone can help, thanks.

Also, in area 2 I have a curved stainles piece. To my surprise, it looks like the stainless hangs down on the OUTSIDE, not inside? I would have installed these wrong. Just looking for a yes on this, I think I see in some web pics that all hardtops, like even GT hawk, share a similar piece that hangs outside the glass.

Dan
    52 hardtop

Number 1: I think you are describing the new style quarter window weatherseal retainers 295790 & 91. This was a mid-year change.

Number 2: Haven't found a picture that shows a screw there, but the body parts book does list a size #6 screw and 'finish' washer. I don't know the '52s very well, but might the convertibles have an extra piece of trim covering the top of that weatherstrip, and secured with a screw through the trim and through the weatherstrip?

Dwain G.
    (We're not called 'hillbillies' any more....we're now Ozark Americans)!
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Mid year change eh? That might explain why in the picture I posted the trim I refer to does NOT seem to be there. Nor is it there on other 52 hardtop pictures I can find. But my car was built 10/52, very late.
      See the hanging down piece from the GT below. I have something like that for the 52. I think I have seen these on hardtops back to 53? So they started mid-year 52?

I guess it makes sense as a stabilizer for the window in full up position.

Dan
      52 hardtop

Comment

Dwain, thanks for the jpeg of the service bulletin 264. The shop manual for 52 is a tiny addendum on the 51 book, so its really cool to have these extra pages.
        I've been trying to re-assemble this car from boxes of parts. It's like a big puzzle but I don't have the picture on the box to look at!

My serial no. is after the serial number listed in the service bulletin. So this trim is probably original equipment. Still, the bulletin says that they can be added on earlier cars still using the same weatherstrip. So I anticipate no problem with the repro rubber - should work for cars with or without.
        Dan
        52 hardtop

Comment

Working...
        X