Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning

IF ANYONE IS PLANNING NOW OR LATER TO HAVE A CAR TRANSPORTED DO NOT USE AAA ALL STAR DISCOUNT AUTO TRANSPORTERS OUT OF CA. THEY ARE NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH AND THE MAN THAT I TALKED WITH IS VERY RUDE. I MADE THE MISTAKE OF GIVING HIM MY CREDIT CARD # SO THEY COULD GET THEIR DEPOSIT WHEN THE DEAL WAS MADE TO MOVE THE CAR. THE GUY WAS SO RUDE I DECIDED TO USE ANOTHER COMPANY TO MOVE THE CAR. WELL THEY CHARGED MY CARD $199.00 ANYWAY. WHEN I CALL THIS COMPANY TO GET A REFUND THE MAN HUNG UP ON ME. NOW THE CREDIT CARD COPMPANY IS TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER.
    I USED A2B TRANSPORT INC. OUT OF CA. AND THEY WERE EXCELLENT TO WORK WITH. IF ANYONE WANTS A CAR MOVED I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND THEIR PRICES ARE VERY FAIR.

Tennessee Hillbilly

Please make double sure of the proper and complete name of the company you are excoriating.

quote:Originally posted by Tennessee hillbilly

IF ANYONE IS PLANNING NOW OR LATER TO HAVE A CAR TRANSPORTED DO NOT USE AAA ALL STAR AUTO TRANSPORTING OUT OF CA. THEY ARE NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH AND THE MAN THAT I TALKED WITH IS VERY RUDE. I MADE THE MISTAKE OF GIVING HIM MY CREDIT CARD # SO THEY COULD GET THEIR DEPOSIT WHEN THE DEAL WAS MADE TO MOVE THE CAR. THE GUY WAS SO RUDE I DECIDED TO USE ANOTHER COMPANY TO MOVE THE CAR. WELL THEY CHARGED MY CARD $199.00 ANYWAY. WHEN I CALL THIS COMPANY TO GET A REFUND THE MAN HUNG UP ON ME. NOW THE CREDIT CARD COPMPANY IS TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER.
    I USED A2B TRANSPORT INC. OUT OF CA. AND THEY WERE EXCELLENT TO WORK WITH. IF ANYONE WANTS A CAR MOVED I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND THEIR PRICES ARE VERY FAIR.
    Tennessee Hillbilly
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Tennessee hillbilly

IF ANYONE IS PLANNING NOW OR LATER TO HAVE A CAR TRANSPORTED DO NOT USE AAA ALL STAR DISCOUNT AUTO TRANSPORTERS OUT OF CA. THEY ARE NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH AND THE MAN THAT I TALKED WITH IS VERY RUDE. I MADE THE MISTAKE OF GIVING HIM MY CREDIT CARD # SO THEY COULD GET THEIR DEPOSIT WHEN THE DEAL WAS MADE TO MOVE THE CAR. THE GUY WAS SO RUDE I DECIDED TO USE ANOTHER COMPANY TO MOVE THE CAR. WELL THEY CHARGED MY CARD $199.00 ANYWAY. WHEN I CALL THIS COMPANY TO GET A REFUND THE MAN HUNG UP ON ME. NOW THE CREDIT CARD COPMPANY IS TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER.

Tennessee Hillbilly

It's a common business practice according to Peg Trucking. Some shippers will low ball a bid, then after a few weeks without a truck they'll ask you to pay more, and charge a crenelation fee if you refuse.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I have never paid a dime until the car is delivered.

Comment

Shippers can be very unscrupulous. I learned a lot in my last dealing. Never pay a dime up front until your car is about to be loaded on the transport. Make sure you are in contact with the seller or a reputable person to be your eyes so that it is truly being loaded at the same time you are forwarding the deposit. Pay pal, debit card, credit card or have a representative for you pay the trucker. If you pay a down payment upon agreement with the shipping company representative, no matter what the quote of price and pick-up time is, the time frame is subject{was in my case}to change. Once they have your deposit, the ball is like in their court. Instead have a clear understanding between you and shipper in writing of price and pick-up day before you give your approval. If they require a deposit before stated pick-up time look for someone else. There's literally thousands of transport companies out there. Some have their own rigs. Some are only brokering agencies and some are a combination of both. Get estimates on line. Fill out a form on-line and a gazillion people will contact you by phone and or e-mail. My very first quote for a 400 mile shipment was 275. I signed on and was disappointed because the firm that the company contracted to, turns out the driver cancelled cause he caught the flue. As the father said in a call to me just after accepting and cancelling my car contract. Mello done caught the flu. Blue flu I found out the next morning.. Mellow ended up in Panama City delivering 3 cars Saturday. I found this out cause the company sent me an e-mail including the father- owner and son-driver's telephone numbers. Saturday morning I called the son-driver and asked how he was feeling? "I feel fine, a little tired" Me says, Mellow, just wondering if theres any way you might be rescheduling to bring my car beginning of the week? I might be able to do dat but I ain't deliver'n no car for no buck $2.98. Thank you. Can't blame a guy for making the most money possible but his dad booked it till something that paid more came up. Most of the other quotes I got averaged bout 400 so made a choice and paid a downpayment on pick-up verification because there was a firm understanding between me and the next shipper which I and them both had a copy of the no uncertain term contract. Will deal with these folks again. Not Mellow I found out that shipping averages bout $1.00 per mile by the majority of open carriers. D.A.S wanted 948 open carrier. Make sure you do a check on google or other avenues for feedback and or references. Make sure you have your car insured by your own personal policy if need be. Carriers are required by law to carry insurance against damage to your vehicle if they are a registered carrier. A bit lengthy but I hope that this helps someone. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Sounds even worse than hireing a contractor to do work on your house.
            Sorry for anyone that has to go through that!

Dean.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Please make double sure of the proper and complete name of the company you are excoriating.
              http://tinyurl.com/yb8e7h2
              Interesting, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website from this link shows:
              AAA ALL STAR AUTO TRANSPORTING as a "F" rating!

Not a very good sign! [xx(]

Their own website shows them as 3 stars out of 5, a few people were actually pleased, it makes you wonder if those were all sub-let (brokered) loads! [:0]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X