Honk, Hork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honk, Hork

I need the "Hi" tone horn for a GT Hawk. It is mounted on the driver's side and the part number is 1555002.

Peter Bishop

Hork?

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I was kind of wondering about that myself, but I wasn't going to say anything!

Chip
      '63 Cruiser daily driver
      '57 Packard wagon on the road!
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

Hork?
        /
        If you've never had a horn get sick before dying completely, you wouldn't know "hork" is the sad, spastic sound they make when they're fixin' to give up the ghost I just figure the fact one horn says "honk" and the other gasps "hork" is the reason PeterHawk needs a new "Hi" tone [8D]

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
        In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
        If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

For some time now, the horns on my Land Cruiser are weak and sound kinda muffled. I have been putting off working on them because it involves taking the air dam with the hood latch that is located in front of the radiator off. The horns make a sound and it is correct tones...just not very loud and they sound like someone has stuffed them full of cotton. So in my pea brained mind I decided it must be the mud dauber (or dirt dauber) wasps have built some nests in them and stopped them up. I decided to get the pressure washer and clean them out. This would save me from having to take the car parts off. Just point the washer nozzle through the grille openings and flood the horns with high pressure water!...The result was very funny. What a hoot! (or honk...better yet...HORK!) The brilliant FIX ended up with my car horns sounding like deep ocean whales on a National Geographic special...only you had to strain to hear them. After several days of drying out...they are back to the weak muffled sound I started out with. I will be taking the air dam off next...and no pressure washer.

John Clary
          Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
          SDC member since 1975
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

My memory is about two quarts low, but I remember my high school speech teacher and the frequently recited exercise..."Hark, hark, the dogs do bark." It could be modified to fit the situation!

"It's like deja vu all over again."--Yogi Berra
            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

While I haven't tried it myself yet, there was a few websites that had instructions on repairing automotive horns. Now these were horns from the '30's, but may apply to ours as well. I don't have the sites handy and didn't save them, but a Google seach should locate them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I'm needing a high for my 63 lark as well. I got myself a Horn relay about a few weeks ago, and for the first time in three years, the ol' girl has a voice again! Sadly, the high tone sounds like a woman trying to say something important with her dying breath. Thankfully, though, I have the low tone to get peoples attention...if the car itself fails to do so. It used to be that I had to rev my motor to get peoples (that I knew) attention so I could wave to them. At least now all I have to do it press the horn button now!

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

On a Standard, we only got one horn, the high voice. Sounds kind of like a '49 Plymouth.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

If nothing else I at least got your attention with the HORK. But I still need a replacement for the "Hi" tone.

Peter Bishop

Comment

Working...
                    X