Trade for 47-52 Business Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for 47-52 Business Coupe

I have been restoring a 200 year old antique harp, and now I need a vehicle to transport it in and was thinking a bulletnose business coupe would be ideal (although other 47-52 may be considered). I'd like a decent driveable vehicle probably #2 or #3.

What I have to trade is 2 1950 Champions. The first is a Starlight coupe, very solid body, runs but doesn't drive because of minor electrical. Seats have new upholstery and new headliner. Engine is solid. The second is a 4 door sedan. Also very solid, only minor rust. Chrome on sedan is good, which I was planning and putting on the starlight. Engine turns over, but does not fire.

I am in the Seattle area.

Gus Pratt

Gus, before you get too far on this idea...find someone with one of these cars and do a "test fit." I have a '48 business coupe. The trunk space is about a large as any of the era but depending on the overall size of the harp...you could be disappointed regarding the ease of getting it in and out of the vehicle. I would hate for you to bang up either in the process. My feeling is that if you can make it fit, you should have lots of latitude in interior modifications to accommodate it. Back in the day...business coupes were very often modified by original purchasers with neat tool boxes, storage containers and shelves depending on what enterprise the customer intended for it. My showroom brochure for the '48 shows a scene of a doctor giving last minute instructions as he is about to leave to make his house calls. When I was a kid, I remember a community store using one for grocery delivery and he had a shelf built in to level the floor. I once met an older club member who said that after WWII, he sold portable sewing machines door to door with one. I am just thinking about the odd shape of the harp and wonder if it would fit through the trunk opening. I would be happy to offer a test fit but I think Seattle would be more than a little Sunday drive to South Carolina. Good luck.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I have a 1951 Business Coupe on Ebay. No trades

Comment

The harp will be just about a perfect fit. My harp measures 65" long and 30" wide. Modern concert harps would be a tight fit, they are a little larger. I was able to measure my starlight to make sure the harp will fit.

Anyone who wants to contact be can email me directly at guspratt5@comcast.net

Gus Pratt

Comment

Anybody heard the joke where the punch line is, "I left my harp in Sam's friend's disco"?

Comment

Roy-I am thinking of redoing my 62 GT interior with late model stuff. Is it the same as a 64?

Comment

Buddymander, I do not know. This is my first 64. If you asked about 1950 or 1951 Bullets, I know the diff.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by buddymander

Roy-I am thinking of redoing my 62 GT interior with late model stuff. Is it the same as a 64?
                It will all fit, but different styling.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                X