Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the SASCO Parts Move Progressing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the SASCO Parts Move Progressing?

I have not heard anything about the move of the SASCO parts since SI purchased them. Anyone know how this move is going? Will they get them moved by End of Year?

Thanks

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk
    1964 Convertable
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1950 Commander Starlight

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

When I ordered from SI about 10 days ago, I asked if I could use the SASCO catalog numbers. I was told most numbers are common between the two operations. But if a unique numbered part from the SASCO catalog was wanted, they would find it and send it.

My feeling from that is the move must be going about as well as it could considering everything.

I also thanks them again for rescueing the SASCO inventory.

Bob

Comment

I hope they get it going soon I need some doors BAD.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

How bad a doors do you need? I may be able to help![}]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I got a bad one I need a good one for the 56 wagon. SASCO has got them and I can drive to SASCO and pick them up But California is out of driving range. My drivers side is about a 2 inches thick. I did get the window regulator out.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

We've probably moved about 25% of the inventory so far and have moved 70 trailer loads. The sheet metal has been moved and we are currently working on the bin stock. The bins take a long time to disassemble and then reassemble while also keeping everything in numerical order. The upholstery which includes seat covers, floor coverings, door panels and headliners have been sold to Will Sander of Nunn, Colorado. Will is in the process of moving this inventory and requests that inquiries for these items be held until he has a chance to finish the moving process The Packard parts have been sold to Joel Ray, Marvin King and Roscoe Stelford. They too are in the process of moving these parts.

We are suppose to be out of the building by February 15. As it looks now, we should probably meet this deadline. If possible, I would still like to have a sale at the end and give everyone the opportunity to see the Engineering Building one last time.

As mentioned before, parts may still be ordered from the South Bend inventory. Call our Greenfield number 317 462-3124 and they will help you. Parts may be picked up in South Bend but we ask that all orders be placed through Greenfield.

Ed Reynolds
            Studebaker International

Comment

Thanks Ed for the update. It sounds like things are moving along. I know it is an arduous process. Thanks for taking it on.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I was never able to see the extent of the SASCO inventory. But after reading Ed's reply above, it has to be ginormous. His estimate of 25% = 70 truckloads equates to between 275 and 300 truck loads total.

We are a lucky group inthat;

1 - Ed saved that enormous amount of Studebaker inventory and

2 - That the folks that were in SB when Studebaker called it quits were astute enough to save it originally.

For a bad luck Marque we are a lucky bunch of orphan car owners.

Thanks Ed

Bob

Comment

Hay Ed, if you need a hand, I can volunteer to help work on the move some days. Mostly fryday afternoons after school is out.

Chris Dresbach
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Right on, Bob! I know I'll wince if after all anyone ever whines about the price of any of these parts, even though we know the prices will be reasonable

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Hey Ed,

Even though I am new to all of this, thanks for hellping top keep the SASCO inventory in the cycle. We're luck to have it and you. I was a bit disapointed to see that the interior parts were moving geographicly further away from me, but its nice to know where they are headed. Since I don't don't know any better how does one get a hold of Will Sander once the dust settles on his end?

Stu K
                      Columbus, Ohio

Stu K

"If not now, when?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude62

Hey Ed,

Even though I am new to all of this, thanks for hellping top keep the SASCO inventory in the cycle. We're luck to have it and you. I was a bit disapointed to see that the interior parts were moving geographicly further away from me, but its nice to know where they are headed. Since I don't don't know any better how does one get a hold of Will Sander once the dust settles on his end?

Stu K
                        Columbus, Ohio

Stu K

"If not now, when?"
                        Contact information for Will Sander:

E-mail: will@starlightstude.com.

Current blogsite is www.starlightstudebaker.com

Thanks for asking, Stu. Now I must get back to packing parts! We've got several semi-truck loads to get ready to ship this week.
                        -Lori Sander

"The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
                        '63 Lark "Lucy"
                        '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
                        A bunch of other Larks
                        '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"
                        "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
                        '63 Lark "Lucy"
                        '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
                        A bunch of other Larks
                        '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

I have had the chance to see this inventory of SASCO and to sum it all up im surprise they are going to get all the stock out of that buildng by Feb. But sounds like you have sold sections of the inventory so you will have muliple team in there cleaning it out. Good luck! The place is stack from floor to ceiling X2 floors.

Comment

Working...
                          X