PDA

View Full Version : Replacement scuff plates source needed

3rdGenStude
01-24-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm a little ahead of myself on this one, since I still have rust repairs to do.

But where can I find replacement door sill scuff plates for my '50 Land Cruiser. Salt has taken the life of all 4 of mine.

It has to be a simple aluminum extrusion or stamping. But I can't find these at any of the vendors' links.

Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project

skyway
01-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Are those the wide ones that are taller near the interior? If so, I believe Studebaker International sells such items (reproductions). I think the ad sez that they can be cut down for other applications. From the picture in their Turning Wheels ad,it looks like they are decorated with a repeating circle design.

3rdGenStude
01-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Skyway,

quote:Originally posted by skyway

Are those the wide ones that are taller near the interior? If so, I believe Studebaker International sells such items (reproductions). I think the ad sez that they can be cut down for other applications. From the picture in their Turning Wheels ad,it looks like they are decorated with a repeating circle design.

Thanks. I'm new to SDC and haven't received my first Turning Wheels yet. I have some older SI catalogs, but they only listed plates for Hawks. Maybe this is a recent new item.

Your description sounds exactly right except the design on mine is closely spaced fine horizontal lines ambossed in the aluminum. But the inside has a folded edge about 5/8" high, while the outside edge is flush.

One more reason to be anxious for my first issue of Turning Wheels.

Paul

skyway
01-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Sorry but I mis-spoke about those sill plates. Now that I am at home with a TW, I see that the ones from Stude Intl., are actually for C & K's. Also at that price you probably would not want to be cutting them up.

As a second suggestion, and if used will do, try some of the good used dealers in TW, like Don Gay in Lowpoint, IL, or Parmer in Van Wert, Iowa.

N8N
01-27-2007, 07:36 AM
I think someone did have those new, but I'll be darned if I can remember who it was. Fennessey maybe?

BTW I bought a set of the SI C-K sill plates; didn't want to get caught like I did last time (I put off buying them and by the time I thought I was ready to buy them, I couldn't get them anymore!)

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

KGlowacky
01-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Are these being repo. for 56 sedans and wagons? Or are they still available NOS??

3rdGenStude
01-29-2007, 09:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by skyway

As a second suggestion, and if used will do, try some of the good used dealers in TW, like Don Gay in Lowpoint, IL, or Parmer in Van Wert, Iowa.

Thanks. I have my firt Turning Wheels now, so I'll have the contact information for them.

Paul