1963 Lark Melodrama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Lark Melodrama

Well they called and said that my '63 Lark was ready for pick up, so we went this evening annd picked her up. She drives a bit rough (we all know that they like being warm and dry, not cold and damp), handles well and gave people smiles as she ambles down the road.

As she was shipped with minimum gas (DAS requirement) we took her to GetGo and filled her up and thats when the problems started. The looks of wonder turned to looks of concern when her gas tank sprung a leak.

So back to the mechanic she goes on Monday morning. A leaking gas tank is nothing to fool with. Till then she's parked out back. I'll live, but Christmas is looking lean.

PS - hoping to get pictures taken tomorrow or Friday. Will post them when I can.

Stu K

"If not now, when?"

Perhaps the leak is the gasket around the sender mount.
    These dry out and then, when you FILL the tank, it leaks. Once the top 2 gallons or so are used, it no longer leaks.

[Edit typo]

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    ....On the road, again....
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

Check the fuel line hose that connects the fuel line to the gas tank,these things dry out and get rock hard and that little sping clamp will not keep it tight.

Tom
      sigpic

Comment

Better yet, check the large rubber hose that connects the filler neck to the tank. Those rarely ever get replaced and become hard as a brick. OBTW, that hose is inside the trunk. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
        Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
        Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ROADRACELARK

Better yet, check the large rubber hose that connects the filler neck to the tank. Those rarely ever get replaced and become hard as a brick.
          Well, that's strange, mine go soft and gooey! To each his own, I guess. [)]

John

Comment

All of the above, guy.I had this (these) problems with my '66 and my'65.Hope it's not a biggie and can easily be resolved.

Comment

I missed the beginning of this drama. Did you just purchase the car?

Gary Hildebrandt
              Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Working...
              X