Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 R2 Avanti (number 065) is back on the road

details at under the title "Back on the Road" at AOAI Forum
    Number 065 '63 Avanti R2 is back on the road. http://avanti.sterkel.org 1. rebuilt the differential, changed from 4.11 to 3.07 to make it more roadable at over 60 mph. I am surprised at how little around town driving has been affected. This engine has lots of torque, making the shifting only marg...

Terry, North Texas
    1963 Avanti R2, 63SR1065
    (in stage 1 resto "Project A")
    This website is for sale! sterkel.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, sterkel.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

1985 Kubota L2202(Diesel)
    1999 Toyota rice burner
    1986 Ford 150 Long Bed

New resolution.
    I will continue to respond, to the best of my ability, to any query,
    challenge or alternative view relevant to my original post.
    I will not respond to anything off (the original) topic...

Congrats, mine has three Camaro headliners on it.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

A great feeling and a nice accomplishment.

My 83 roared to life today and Good Gosh what an engine.

Just need to do final adjustments, replace the hood and road test.

Then it will be just in time to put it away for the winter.

Bob

Comment

Working...
      X