nice parts stash in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice parts stash in Boston

Near Boston, lots of goodies. The guy bought it from a estate sale, and the old guy was doing a Avanti and a R2 Hawk, no telling the loot in this stash. The Avanti is sold, the GT is in pieces, frame and engine in parts unknown getting restored when the owner passed.
    If someone scores a deal, let me buy a few goodies from you, or I'll put up the cash to buy the lot for us.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Shop will be sold by Wednesday? John, you better jump on this as I bet they are ready to give this stuff away just to get it cleaned out. The grill is from a 1962 Hawk, but the seats are from a 1963 or 64 Hawk. Chromed valve covers, looks like the bumpers may have been rechromed.

John, I appreciate you posting your finds. Like many others, if it was near by I might be interested.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Shop will be sold by Wednesday? John, you better jump on this as I bet they are ready to give this stuff away just to get it cleaned out. The grill is from a 1962 Hawk, but the seats are from a 1963 or 64 Hawk. Chromed valve covers, looks like the bumpers may have been rechromed.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
      Nope, spoke to him and he's still not even sorted through the stash. It's a 8 hour drive for me, and I have no truck.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Last I heard they rent trucks.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Wrong coast![V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

Last I heard they rent trucks.
            True, but I'm only one guy and buying a Studebaker every week and chasing a few dozen takes up all my time. I just thought someone else might want to make some hobby money. There are too many cars and parts for the limited number of vendors to buy.
            I'm already backed up on closing old deals and can't keep any more balls in the air right now.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Got all the 64 hawk parts I need doubles for mine, hood, trunk fenders, grille, seats, ect....good deal for east coast....bams50 here you go ...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
              canbstudebakers-
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

Got all the 64 hawk parts I need doubles for mine, hood, trunk fenders, grille, seats, ect....good deal for east coast....bams50 here you go ...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                canbstudebakers-
                Someone local should chase down the "lost" R2 engine.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

This stuff has been for sale for over a month now. I called the guy then and he wanted big bucks for most items. For example, $600 each for the rechromed Hawk bumpers. Maybe his prices will come down as time passes.

Comment

guy bought it from a estate sale it was more like a lawyer and him cheated his sister out of a 63 r-3 avanti and a 64 changler and a how bunch of parts for what i herd $8000 he sold the avanti for 20000 now he is just making as much as he can all i can say at list the slime ball did not get peters hawk i now where it is and it will live on peter lives we put him to rest at Bonneville Utah last speed week Jim Lang and the avanti kid put on a nice service for him i still love my pall peter i just wish i could help his sister out but she is in bad shape in the head and i have my own things to take care of
                    Last edited by avanti1982; 05-31-2010, 12:18 PM. Reason: right thing to do

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avanti1982

guy bought it from a estate sale it was more like a lawyer and him cheated his sister out of a 63 r-3 avanti and a 64 changler and a how bunch of parts for what i herd $8000 he sold the avanti for 20000 now he is just making as much as he can by the way john is that a hawk r-2 dash john peter wanted $500 for it you told him $300 AT THE END AT YORK YOU WOULD NOT GIVE HIM WHAT YOU told him and said $150 all i can say at list the slime ball did not get peters hawk i now where it is and it will live on peter lives we put him to rest at Bonneville Utah last speed week Jim Lang and the avanti kid put on a nice service for him i still love my pall peter i just wish i could help his sister out but she is in bad shape in the head and i have my own things to take care of
                      Sorry, you lost me on the R2 dash discussion. It sounded like I was involved some how and I have no idea how. Thanks for the heads up on how the guy bought the parts, I'm not buying them anyway, just wanted to let the forum know they were for sale.

JDP/Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Sounds like Avanti1982 is very wound-up! You may want to go back and edit your message. Good luck.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

John, you buy I'll fly. Big truck, no problem.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Both Bob Munter and Dave Thibeault have the entire story.....contact them.

Comment

Working...
                            X