X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASO Spray Can Quick Charge?

(warning: safe practice warning!)

Saw this on YouTube.
    Think a regulated air pressure would help.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Thanks Jeff. I must have 5 or 6 cans that still contain the product (WD-40, paint, etc.) but have no pressure to spray it. I'll give this a (cautious) try.

Howard
    53 Commander Starliner
    56 Sky Hawk
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Thanks Jeff,

Last night was just griping about a can of Kroil that has lost its fizz and thinking how I could recoup the fluid by putting it into another container...will try this method tonight.

I've always suspected that the valves leak on pressurized cans or a gremlin in my shop is letting the pressure out. . . . Now I can put it back in....

Henry Votel,
      Forest Lake, MN
      Moderator: Editors & Publishers Forum
      Henry Votel,
      Forest Lake, MN
      Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

(warning: safe practice warning!)

Saw this on YouTube.
        Think a regulated air pressure would help.

You just made me happy to see that. I bought a bunch of spray cans real cheap because they were dead or near dead from age. I just tried it on a dead can of engine degreaser. BTW, I would be careful to keep the air pressure fairly low or the can might blow up.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Its been my un-scientific anecdotal observation that cans kept in a heated area (ie above freezing temps) tend to last longer. Maybe the seals shrink on the nozzle in the cold and let out the gas [?] On the farm, seemed like any spray cans left in the unheated old tool shed over winter went bad but I've had much better luck since I have a heated garage.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

I didn't see where you are able to get the paint back in the can, tho..Is that in another video? I need some Kia blueberry mist..

Comment

I had a neighbor who used an ice pick to get the remaining paint out of a rattle can that had a plugged-up nozzle. The result was very educational. Too bad nobody had a video camera handy.

Skip Lackie
              Washington DC
              Skip Lackie

Comment

I bet he looked like a busted bank bandito.

Comment

Working...
                X