Engine Conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Conversion.

This was posted on the general forum but I thought I might get a better response here,

Was wanting to gather input on suitable (conversion) engines for my 52 commander.
    My questions to start would be:
    Front sump or rear sump oil pan?
    Will a 454 fit without cutting out the firewall.
    What are some choices that you made and why?
    I have a 454 block bored .030 over and would like to use it but not if I will have major problems making it fit, don't mind altering the inside of the 51 fenders I'm using but plan to have all my other stuff work such as the factory heater, defroster, windshield wipers.
    With the hood closed I want my car to look like a 50 model version of the prototype 51 2 door hard top on Dan Branch's website and plan to go all 50 model including dash, tail lights, and interior.
    Was also wondering if a 50 steering wheel would fit on my 52 steering col. ?
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Dean.

The '50 wheel will fit the '52 column.

"Michidan" here on the Forum is finishing up a '52 hardtop with a 454.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

hopsBB: See your duplicate post on the General page for suggestions, for a newbie we would not care about it being in the General Section, many "regulars" forget that! [^]

Others: please post help for hopsBB and his '59 Lark on the heavier posted post titled:
      "59 Lark", it's in the General Discussion Column, so we don't end up with two confusing conflicting posts!

Thanks Dean, for trying, the other post is working well now and this double post does not work well, unless Bob Shaw saw it right away and moved it, but that does not seem all that important to use his valuable time on any more, with so many incorrect posts going on, most errors are non Stude. that belong in the non-Stude. Stovehuggers Column.
      StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sorry for the double post, Really I thought I could delete one of them but if so I can't figure out how.
        Maybe Bob S. can help me out here.

Dean.

Comment

Dean here is how it works:

You will get a "Trashcan" Icon, visible on all of your "REPLIES", to kill them (& a update yellow pencil Icon to revise), but on a actual "POST" you only can do that before any replies appear! [:0]

I hope this post is done/dead now.

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X