Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did They Put Power Seats in A 56 Commander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did They Put Power Seats in A 56 Commander?

I was wondering if they ever put power seats in the President or Commander? I have a 56 Parkview and my wife says she is going to drive it if I ever get it finished. No telling when that will be. The track must be worn out because she can't move it. I am going to stay with the Studebaker seats. I'm long leged and she is a 115 lb. weakling. There is a 58 Commander about 80 miles south of me that got ice and tree damage. I got a call yesterday about it he wanted to know if I was interested. It's in an old salvage yard said he can't get back to see if had power or not. Said he was going to crush all the damaged ones when it got warmer.

Yes, Power seat was an option for 56 wagons. (first offered in '55, but of course, they were 6volt that year)

The sedan seat carries a different number from the wagon one. In fact, the 57-58 seat has a different number from the 56 seat. Looking at the diagrams in the parts book, it appears the main difference is the cushion frame's construction. Surely, the seat would fit the floor. If you have someone remove it, ask that they're sure to get the extra plate that the anchor shaft uses to attach to the floor as well as any associated wiring. There's also a control relay that mounts to the firewall.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes, Power seat was an option for 56 wagons. (first offered in '55, but of course, they were 6volt that year)

The sedan seat carries a different number from the wagon one. In fact, the 57-58 seat has a different number from the 56 seat. Looking at the diagrams in the parts book, it appears the main difference is the cushion frame's construction. Surely, the seat would fit the floor. If you have someone remove it, ask that they're sure to get the extra plate that the anchor shaft uses to attach to the floor as well as any associated wiring. There's also a control relay that mounts to the firewall.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Keep in mind they are only a fore-and-aft, two way adjustment; unlike some of the other cars of the era which were 4-way that raised and lowered the seat as well.

Craig.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Keep in mind they are only a fore-and-aft, two way adjustment; unlike some of the other cars of the era which were 4-way that raised and lowered the seat as well.

Craig.

Comment

Well it's getting close to swap meet season. That will give me something to look for. If I can find something close I'll make it fit.

Comment

Well it's getting close to swap meet season. That will give me something to look for. If I can find something close I'll make it fit.

Comment

Working...
              X