ROD & CUSTOM Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROD & CUSTOM Champ

Just received Feb 2010 issue (dont figure) ROD & CUSTOM and pages 12 &13 article and drawing on the 1960 Champ truck by Keith Kaucher, he has idea of what could of been, an alternative to the use of the dodge bed that was used for the fleetside

Tom
    sigpic

Does anyone know if Studebaker built a prototype or a clay model of a Champ with a matching bed? If so, I'm curious what the tail-end of the bed looked like. I envision tail-end styling similar to a Wagonaire. I'm also curious as to what Keith Kaucher's drawing looks like....any chance you can post it here?

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I cant myself, to set in my ways to give up my 35mm camera. Keith Kaucher the designer has a web page maybe its posted there.

Tom
      sigpic

Comment

I took a look but nothing of it yet, perhaps in a month or so. I'll check back later. Take care, Brent

Brent's rootbeer racer.
        MN iron ore...it does your body good.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I took a look at the ROD & CUSTOM web site and nothing there either maybe a quick drive in your Stude to the nearest Barnes and Noble and take a looksie

Tom
          sigpic

Comment

I forgot to mention its pulling a speed type boat painted up like the Champ, and it also has a fuel injected stude engine.

Tom
            sigpic

Comment

also forgot to mention the Champ has an R3 with a super t-10

Ken Pyle

Comment

Thanks to Sal we now have a photo of the Champ but it posted in this topic- Rod and Custom Champ w/ PIX

Tom
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X