1960 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Hawk

What do you think of this Hawk and its price of $24,900 ?
    The engine's not detailed and rust spots are appearing on the block.

The phrase "under the influence" comes to mind.[)] I wish 60 Hawks were worth that much. There seems to be alot of chrome trim missing, and don't even get me started on the dashboard monstrosity.[xx(]. It could be a sweet car though, just not what I'd want. Definately not worth $24,900![:0]

Comment

The phrase "under the influence" comes to mind.[)] I wish 60 Hawks were worth that much. There seems to be alot of chrome trim missing, and don't even get me started on the dashboard monstrosity.[xx(]. It could be a sweet car though, just not what I'd want. Definately not worth $24,900![:0]

Comment

Not that far off for a resto rod in my opinion, lots of money in the build.

64 Commander 2 dr.
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
        63 Avanti R1
        63 Daytona convert
        63 Lark 2 door
        63 Lark 2 door #2
        62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
        62 Lark 2 door
        62 GT Hawk 4 speed
        60 Lark HT
        60 Hawk
        59 3E truck
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Not that far off for a resto rod in my opinion, lots of money in the build.

64 Commander 2 dr.
          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
          63 Avanti R1
          63 Daytona convert
          63 Lark 2 door
          63 Lark 2 door #2
          62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
          62 Lark 2 door
          62 GT Hawk 4 speed
          60 Lark HT
          60 Hawk
          59 3E truck
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Seems that they have a few high prices. How about the 71 LTD Country Squire for $14,500.00![:0] Won`t buy from them.
            Dan

Dan Webster
            Santa Clarita, Ca.
            62 GT Hawk

Comment

Seems that they have a few high prices. How about the 71 LTD Country Squire for $14,500.00![:0] Won`t buy from them.
              Dan

Dan Webster
              Santa Clarita, Ca.
              62 GT Hawk

Comment

That's the problem with restoring old cars and building rods, you can get more money into them than you could ever sell them for. Something else that gets inexperienced people into trouble is they see '64 Mustangs or '57 Chevys sell for big bucks and they figure their '52 Frazier is worth more because it's older and more rare. Unfortunately it doesn't exactly work that way.

Comment

That's the problem with restoring old cars and building rods, you can get more money into them than you could ever sell them for. Something else that gets inexperienced people into trouble is they see '64 Mustangs or '57 Chevys sell for big bucks and they figure their '52 Frazier is worth more because it's older and more rare. Unfortunately it doesn't exactly work that way.

Comment

That's some severe drivetrain angle--wonder how long you'd be chasing down the odd vibrations from that....

'53 Commander
                    '53 Commander
                    Art Morrison chassis
                    LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

That's some severe drivetrain angle--wonder how long you'd be chasing down the odd vibrations from that....

'53 Commander
                      '53 Commander
                      Art Morrison chassis
                      LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

The car looks okay, but it is easy and normal to have much more in a Studebaker, especially modified, than you can easily sell it for. I think that the car shown is priced about $10K too high, but there may be one buyer out there that doesn't follow Studebaker prices that proves me wrong. My last three Studebakers were similar restomods. Last Fall I sold my '54 Starliner for $14,500 (at a loss) and I would sell my '59 pickup (350/THM/AC) for $15,000.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The car looks okay, but it is easy and normal to have much more in a Studebaker, especially modified, than you can easily sell it for. I think that the car shown is priced about $10K too high, but there may be one buyer out there that doesn't follow Studebaker prices that proves me wrong. My last three Studebakers were similar restomods. Last Fall I sold my '54 Starliner for $14,500 (at a loss) and I would sell my '59 pickup (350/THM/AC) for $15,000.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Be very careful of used cars from Arizona. That they are rust-free just because they are in Arizona is a myth. Rubber really takes a beating, there, especially in Phoenix and desert areas. Another factor is that when they say used car in Arizona it is likely to be really used. Fuel systems there really gum up if the car is left sitting for a period of time. I know from experience. If you are serious about that kind of money, get a real Studebaker expert to inspect it for you.

Take a hard look at the other thread earlier in this forum about the cost of restoration. I have a nice-running 62 GT Hawk for sale for $5,000.00 that has lot going for it, including no sign of rust in the fenders, etc before I painted it (unusual, as any Stude owner will tell you). That would leave you $20,000 for fixing up whatever you wanted. Am not trying to sell you my car, just provide a reference point. I have also seen some $10-12,000 cars that are pretty darn good. Any one you buy will need some kind of work.

Cheers

Comment

Be very careful of used cars from Arizona. That they are rust-free just because they are in Arizona is a myth. Rubber really takes a beating, there, especially in Phoenix and desert areas. Another factor is that when they say used car in Arizona it is likely to be really used. Fuel systems there really gum up if the car is left sitting for a period of time. I know from experience. If you are serious about that kind of money, get a real Studebaker expert to inspect it for you.

Take a hard look at the other thread earlier in this forum about the cost of restoration. I have a nice-running 62 GT Hawk for sale for $5,000.00 that has lot going for it, including no sign of rust in the fenders, etc before I painted it (unusual, as any Stude owner will tell you). That would leave you $20,000 for fixing up whatever you wanted. Am not trying to sell you my car, just provide a reference point. I have also seen some $10-12,000 cars that are pretty darn good. Any one you buy will need some kind of work.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X