PDA

View Full Version : Sera's Interior



ozarkman
11-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Bams asked for some pics of the inside...like I said she's a little rough.:D but I think I can work with her.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/Sera%20Summer%2009/DSCF0380.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/Sera%20Summer%2009/DSCF0381.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/Sera%20Summer%2009/DSCF0382.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/Sera%20Summer%2009/DSCF0383.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/Sera%20Summer%2009/DSCF0384.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/Sera%20Summer%2009/DSCF0385.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/Sera%20Summer%2009/DSCF0393.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/Sera%20Summer%2009/DSCF0402.jpg

Please let me know if I'm posting too many pics.[:I]
I've adjusted the size down a notch on these.

Howard gave me new front and rear pannels, and 2 new seat covers for the front...I just need to get a rear cover, new headliner, floors, carpet, floor mats, and...[:o)]

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/OzarkTtrailLogoSmall.jpg http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg

JDP
11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I would not know where to start on a car needing that much, I'm spoiled by too many dry climate cars. Good for you, for doing it.

JDP/Maryland

sweetolbob
11-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Fred

It looks like you have a pretty solid car other than the front floors. The good news appears to be that the door pillars are still connected to the floor and rocker metal. Replacing the floors will hopefully correct all of the structural issues.

All-in-all it looks like it will be a nice driver.

IMO it's difficult to have to many pictures of projects or upgrades

Keep us posted

Bob

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/sweetolbob/P1000416.jpg?t=1227109182, http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/sweetolbob/031-1.jpg?t=1254424814

bams50
11-19-2009, 09:48 PM
For some of us there's no such thing as too many pictures... and I'm on dial-up[8D] Thanks for 'em! That over-faded cheapo velour will disappear quickly and REALLY improve the inside. That dash looks SUPER! Is it as good as the pictures show??

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

silverhawk
11-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Wow, you really got a good one! That looks like a ton of fun!

Dylan Wills
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr200/1961lark/My%201961%20studebaker%20lark/Watcomcountyminimeet09andJamesBells.jpg
'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon

Milaca
11-20-2009, 12:17 AM
My Hawk also had floors like Fred Flintstone's car until I welded in fresh steel this spring. I didnt have the funds available to purchase Classic Enterprises correct looking floors at this time, so I purchased a 4' x 8' sheet of 18 ga steel and fabricated my own. If the day comes that I do a thorough restoration, then I will buy the stamped floor pans. Good luck and happy welding!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3939471781_afa477b3ae_t.jpg
Brent's rootbeer racer.
MN iron ore...it does your body good.

candbstudebakers
11-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Forget the seat covers get the floors..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
canbstudebakers-
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/CedarRapids210.jpg

54champ
11-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I agree with JDP, I wouldn't know where to start on a car needing so little work. Or did I read that wrong? Oh well, nice looking project, wish mine only needed floor pans and actually had an interior................lol. I still have to do a thorough inspection to see if my frame is salvageable or if I'm gonna be looking for newer cars with 120.5 inch wheelbase along with the new drivetrain.................lol. You know, if this '54
Coupe wasn't one of my live-long dream cars, I think I'd just shoot it and put it out of my misery.

Jerry

8E45E
11-20-2009, 08:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by ozarkman
Please let me know if I'm posting too many pics.[:I]


One of the best parts about this Forum are all the pictures.[^]

No such thing as "too many"!

Craig

ozarkman
11-20-2009, 08:41 AM
As far as I remember the dash pad only has the 2 cracks that line up with the radio knobs.

Is the patch in the floor stock, or did someone botch a floor shifter? I would actually prefer a floor shifter.;)

Before the interior or exterior gets done, I need to get all the mechanical and electrical systems working. Then once she proves to me that she runs, she'll get her face lift and a tummy tuck![^]

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/Sera%20Summer%2009/DSCF0382.jpg

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/OzarkTtrailLogoSmall.jpg http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg

ozarkman
11-20-2009, 08:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Milaca

My Hawk also had floors like Fred Flintstone's car until I welded in fresh steel this spring. I didnt have the funds available to purchase Classic Enterprises correct looking floors at this time, so I purchased a 4' x 8' sheet of 18 ga steel and fabricated my own. If the day comes that I do a thorough restoration, then I will buy the stamped floor pans. Good luck and happy welding!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3939471781_afa477b3ae_t.jpg
Brent's rootbeer racer.
MN iron ore...it does your body good.


How much did that 4x8 sheet run ya?

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/OzarkTtrailLogoSmall.jpg http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg

bams50
11-20-2009, 08:46 AM
The dash pad's no biggie, easy to get a rebuilt one from Jim Lawrence. I'm more interested in the metal woodgrained area. How is that??

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

ST2DE5
11-20-2009, 09:01 AM
You don't need a 4x8 sheet of steel. All I see is 2 small patches Clean it real good with a wire brush spray phosphoric acid on it and leave it about a hour neutralize it with water and a little vinegar let it dry and put POR 15 on it. Get the 6 pack of small cans the quarts go bad before you use it up. You will have to top and bottom. You can take fiber cloth you put the POR 15 lay the fiber glass cloth down on the wet POR 15 with a sponge brush and then put another coat on top of that. Have a good strong floor board. Remember it took 50 years to get that way and I don't think you will have it 50 years from now.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/

52-fan
11-20-2009, 09:24 AM
The pictures are a little deceptive. The hole in the driver's floor was much larger after Fred got in the car! Still not too bad, but the rust is concentrated right where the body bolts to the cross member so it needs to be sturdy.
JDP has a hand in this car. The bucket seat covers that I gave Fred with the car were a Karma deal from John. I thought when I saw the post that Fred was going to show pictures of the covers and NOS door panels and new seat belts.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg"In the heart of Arkansas."
1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas

ozarkman
11-20-2009, 09:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

The pictures are a little deceptive. The hole in the driver's floor was much larger after Fred got in the car! Still not too bad, but the rust is concentrated right where the body bolts to the cross member so it needs to be sturdy.
JDP has a hand in this car. The bucket seat covers that I gave Fred with the car were a Karma deal from John. I thought when I saw the post that Fred was going to show pictures of the covers and NOS door panels and new seat belts.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg"In the heart of Arkansas."
1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas



Yeah those pictures of the inside were taken in August...the hole is big enough now for a cat to get in and out.[V] But if I route the exhaust pipe just right it could be a good heater for winter![^]

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/OzarkTtrailLogoSmall.jpg http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg

Milaca
11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
I believe I paid about $40 or $45 for the 4x8 sheet of 18 ga steel. I feel a lot better about cutting out the rusty weak steel and putting in some new steel which I know will last and offer strength to the floor structure and body. You don't necessarily have to weld the entire piece, you can use screws and/or pop rivets.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3939471781_afa477b3ae_t.jpg
Brent's rootbeer racer.
MN iron ore...it does your body good.

ozarkman
11-20-2009, 10:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Milaca

I believe I paid about $40 or $45 for the 4x8 sheet of 18 ga steel. I feel a lot better about cutting out the rusty weak steel and putting in some new steel which I know will last and offer strength to the floor structure and body. You don't necessarily have to weld the entire piece, you can use screws and/or pop rivets.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3939471781_afa477b3ae_t.jpg
Brent's rootbeer racer.
MN iron ore...it does your body good.


I remember seeing you trunk repair...dude you got skilz!

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34973


From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/OzarkTtrailLogoSmall.jpg http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/ozarklark/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg