Child's sled for Guido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child's sled for Guido

Could it be authentic?? Might go good with your carriages, Gary!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The seat and possibly the box started out as a Studebaker Junior wagon but the sled runners are an add on. The Juniors were available with Bob Sled runners to replace the wheels for winter use.
    And the Studebaker Junior Wagons weremade by The South Bend Toy. Co. NOT Studebaker.

R2Andy
    R2Andrea

Comment

Andy is correct, there were runners for the Junior Wagons just like for the full size versions. If you recall, the Junior Wagon on display in South Bend also had its runners. This was on e-Bay about 6 months ago.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I learned something new. Still, I bet it would look nice displayed with your carriage collection[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Looks really cool.
          BUT... Is it original, Mostly original or in the (rear) end,...As Is.
          Kinda spooky. Some of us are easily fooled and then when you get a proffesional opinion find out you've been had.

Dean.

Comment

Actually I am more intrigued by this one which appears to be a miniature version of a 1 board wagon.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Working...
            X