new to site,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to site,

Hello everyone, I am new to the site, but not new to studebakers because I am 19 and grew up working on my dads 3 62 gt hawks beside him or on my own.. that said, the reason I joined is to tell you guys that I was saddened the other day when I saw a brown 64? Daytona 289 V8, automatic, 4dr in U pull it junk yard in Omaha Nebraska.. I am not a troll, and I am not advertising them, but I didn't know who else to tell.. the car is 90%+ complete and looks like it was junked after sitting in someones garage for years. the rear is very solid, the front fenders are only slightly rusted, and the interior would be complete and in almost presentable driver condition except I bought the steering wheel. I also bought the carburator and it looks like it was rebuilt not long ago and when I took it off gas ran out of the line. the engine was very clean and probably would run if someone could get it before its a stack of new refrigerators I would upload pics, and may tomarrow, but am too tired to start a photobucket account to do so.. but, if anybody would like it, their phone number is 402-342-0831.. sorry if I'm coming off as blunt, but just wanted to tell everyone as soon as I could.

low and slow is all I know

Hey Alex, thanks for the heads up. I'm in California so its not going to impact me, but I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who appreciate your find. Sometimes there's nothing more to do than to go forward. You may want to consider snagging that 289 automatic for yourself. They are great engines in all sorts of other hotrods and ratrods.

sals54
    sals54

Comment

Alex, Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the post.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island Chapter
      http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Welcome aboard Alex! Don't worry about being perceived as a troll for what you've done. Quite the contrary is true! When something like this comes to light, it's your duty to alert others if you're not going to take what's left.
        There likely won't be a RUSH to save any of that stuff, but I CAN SAY that it might be worth your time and money to save the decklid off of that car if possible! 64-5-6 decklids are in SHORT supply. I'd bet you could make a buck or two if that deck lid's in decent shape. Easy to ship via Greyhound too!

Hey - thanks for sharing with us. And don't be a stranger here. Tell us about your cars and what you do with them.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

yeah, I thought about taking the decklid but it still had the lock on it so I couldn't open it. I really really want the engine tho, but that would be tough in there. plus $$$, I mean it would be worth it, but I don't have any haha.

Comment

Welcome. 64-66 are my favorites, I hate to see any of them junked.

66 Commander R1 Clone
            51 Commander 4dr
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Alex welcome aboard. Hope you stay around awhile as there are many good people here with lots of knowledge and just great to be around.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Boy, this day is just getting better and better. I live about 30 mins from omaha...I could get it if I had the time...trailer...and money. I hate to hear of this, and be helpless about it. Thanks for posting and I hope someone can help out.

I seem to be helpless about alot of things lately....

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

Great, and here I sit wanting a good V8 drivetrain for my '54. Seems I'm always either in the wrong place, or too broke to take advantage of these opportunities. But hey, Alex, thanks for the info, we need to let people know about these cars when we find them.

Jerry

Comment

where are you from tutone63? I'm originally from woodbie Ia.

Comment

Hi. Alex you will find a great bunch of guys here welcome. Make your self to home.

Comment

The fact the lock is still in it, might prove to be a good thing. There might be some Stude treasure lurking inside it! Quite a few times I've found spare/new parts in the trunk!

I've got a bunch of Stude trunk keys here. I could loan them to anyone willing to try them in this car. I've gotten lucky many times in having one of my keys work by jiggling, jabbing and twisting the keys til the lock finally surrenders. All I'd ask is that you pay the postage for the keys both ways. I DO want them back.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1963 Cruiser
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I put an ad on craigslist just now, there are a few pics of the car on there. http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/1473716730.html

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 58lincoln62stude

where are you from tutone63? I'm originally from woodbie Ia.

I was born in shelby, Ia, lived in CB for a few years, then Minden, then Carson, then back to minden, where I currently reside. Woodbine is no stranger to me, I have been to applefest a few times. LOVE IT! Great car show. Had the Lark there for the last two years.

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

I knew that car looked familiar! I think I might have talked to you this year maybe. Our somewhat unofficial car club tried putting on a cruise night this year after applefest.

Comment

Working...
                              X