aluminum hubcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aluminum hubcaps

hi folks.can anybody tell me what these aluminum studebaker hubcaps fit ?. sorry, no picture. when layed down on inner side, they are layered or "rise" in three "steps" with an S in the middle and yes they are aluminum. any particular value ?. thanks in advance for any input. skip.

57 President, 58 Packard Hawk, 61 MGA

Can you say SIMCA?

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

dont speak french.lol. however that would make sense as there are a lot of simca parts mixed in the Studebaker stuff in the barn where i got these. i grabbed them while being in a bit of a hurry because i thought they were for an m series or something of that era. now that i think of it they are probably from a 1950 or so simca. oh well , wall hangers or maybe i will sell on simcaclub.com thanks for waking me up. skip

Comment

Does it look like this:

Mark Anderson
        Member SDC and FMCA
        Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

I've got THREE different styles of Simca caps in my collection. Why Simca pieces in a Stude cap collection??? For the very obvious reason that started this thread![^]

Mark, do you own that Simca cover? I'd love to have it. What an irony that their logo looked alot like the Lark bird. I've got a horn button with that birdie on it, but the clear plastic's so clouded you can hardly see it.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

No Biggs, I found that on Ebay doing a quickie search. Go bid!

Mark Anderson
            Member SDC and FMCA
            Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

Yep, no doubt about it...Studebaker should have sued for patent infringement on both the "S" hubcap and especially the Simca "Lark" hubcap! [}]

The Simca bird is way closer to the Studebaker Lark bird than the Mercedes Star was to the Studebaker "Y"!
              And yes I know MB did not sue, but they forced it's discontinuance!

Or the Avanti Motors Studebaker XUV was to the AM General Hummer! [:0]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X