X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion

Any day above ground is a good one!

Would a commander be the same?
    I don't know the part # but I took that cable out of my rear (haha) a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I have them.
    Yours for shipping.

Dean.

Comment

Dean

They are probably the same. The two I have on the car now are hard, crusty and torn. I am doing a complete brake overhaul and wanted to replace those boots while I have everything apart.

If the boots on your Commander are in really good shape I may take you up on your offer.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Tomorrow when I get home, around 3:00 I'll look for them and let you know.

Dean.

Comment

This forum community is really great. What a great assist by Dean. I have no idea where one would buy those. On my cars the boots have been sort of okay and I was glad I didn't have to find any.

Perry
          '23 Special Six,
          '50 Business Champ,
          '50 Starlight Champ,
          '60 Lark droptop,
          '63 GT R1
          Perry
          \'50 Business Champion
          \'50 Starlight Champion
          \'60 Lark Convertible,
          \'63 GT R1,
          \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

If I am correct it is part #512660 and it says Boot - Hand Brake rear cable to brake - Rubber
            it says it fits both Champion and Commander
            hope this helps
            Blake

Comment

Dear John,
              I regret to inform you that I am an idiot and believe that I may have tossed the ones I took out of my rear (haha) a couple of weeks ago.
              Even I am amazed by this as I usually keep everything just in case it is needed by someone.
              Sorry I tore my little detached garage apart looking for them but no luck

(sorry too I just could not resist the Dear John thing)
              Good luck finding them I'm sure someone makes new ones They will just cost slightly more than the $5.00 shipping.

Dean.

Comment

Dear Dean,
                (just doesn't have that same disappointed feeling of Dear John)

Thanks for looking, I hope you were able to get your shop a little better organized in the process of looking, and maybe found something you thought you had lost.

I called SI today and they said that they have had requests for the 512660 boots, but don't have any available. I'll maybe try to find some large diameter shrink tubing to go over the existing ones which are somewhat deteriorated.

Thank you all for your efforts,

John

Comment

Working...
                X