Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 COMMANDER CLOCK

Hi...anyone have a picture of one you could post ?...John

Sorry, I have a complete 50 dash but it has no clock.

Dean.

Comment

Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I am looking for a 50 Commander clock and I would like to know specifically how does one know that one is buying the right thing ?
        Is there a model # stamped on it or a specific size to it ?...thanks, John

Comment

I have an NOS one. Send me a note if interested.
          Bo

Comment

There are usually a date stamp in black ink on the back of most Stude clocks from Borg. Many are faded, but that is the best way to tell for which year they were made.

This is a NOS '59 Lark clock, but this is what the date stamp looks like:

[img][/img]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by zoegrant

I am looking for a 50 Commander clock and I would like to know specifically how does one know that one is buying the right thing ?
              Is there a model # stamped on it or a specific size to it ?...thanks, John
              Well, the most obvious way to know it's correct is that it looks like the '50 clock pictured above. It's the only one that looks like the picture that also fits the hole in your dash.

The only other clocks that would fit the hole would be the '51-'52 but they both have "cross-hairs" over a red thingy in the middle instead of the "bullet".

<center></center>

Good luck.

John

Comment

hopefully I will be in the market for one of these this summer...

sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                Regal Deluxe Trim
                Automatic transmission
                46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Two years later... Does anyone have a 50 clock for a Commander? Roy? Doesn't have to be NOS, thanks...
                  sigpic

Regal Deluxe Trim
                  Automatic transmission

Comment

There a re 2 on ebay as we speak.

sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Obviously neither of these eBay sellers understands the term CASO and how strongly/firmly/staunchly embraced the term actually is.

The 51 and 52 clocks are the same except for the red "cross hair" center. The 50 Commander dash clock blank off plate has the correct "spear and ring" center, so maybe a 51-52 clock and a 50 blank off could get together and make a correct 50 clock.

It's very common for the luminous paint on these clocks to lose their "glow." You can tell by looking at them if the numbers and hands appear rusty or orange colored.
                      Last edited by RadioRoy; 10-19-2012, 03:49 PM.
                      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I have a small NOS clock that I bought just for the bezel. It was still in the box and looks like it was never installed. It is the small one used on the Champion model and goes in a 51. I don't know if it's the same one that is used in the 50 Champion. I know the bezels are completely different. I will be swapping it out for a small Tach and am willing to sell it if someone is interested. It is the clock only. Send me a pm with an offer if you are interested. I certainly understand the term CASO and do not expect anything near what they wanted for the ones on e-bay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tach bezel 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1675758
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Gee, $450 or $600 buy it now. I like real auctions rather than a set price. A lot of these guys just relist over and over the same high price hoping it will sell. Oh well -- at least I know they're out there. I shall wait for something closer to the $100 range though.
                          sigpic

Regal Deluxe Trim
                          Automatic transmission

Comment

Well you just asked ....you didn't set a price range !
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by deco_droid View Post
                              I shall wait for something closer to the $100 range though.
                              You might send Roy Valdez a PM. He has a lot of bullet-nose stuff.
                              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X