bumpers rechromed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumpers rechromed

I'm looking for a dependable chrome shop to get my 1955 Commander coupe bumpers rechromed or exchanged. Must be close to Wisconsin-Illinois border. Will travel some to get a good job. Thanks

quote:Originally posted by bob1944

I'm looking for a dependable chrome shop to get my 1955 Commander coupe bumpers rechromed or exchanged. Must be close to Wisconsin-Illinois border. Will travel some to get a good job. Thanks
    I also tried to find a good chrome shop near me...the good ones were super expensive. I found it cost effective to send everything to Jerry Forrester in Georgia. The shipping cost was much more than offset by Jerry's low prices, the work is show quality, done on time, plus you get to deal with a real good Stude guy.

jerryforrester@bellsouth.net

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I agree with Dick, Jerry Forrester is a Class Act. I just put on one of his front bumpers on my 55 Champion and have a rear one on order. You will not be dissapointed in his work.
      Benny Vickrey

Comment

Keystone Automotive has a bumper rechroming facility in Brainerd, MN. A Keystone salesman frequents my neighbors body shop and he picked up my bumpers and brought them back when finished. It cost about $825 for two bumpers and two bumper guards for my '63 Hawk and they look amazing! Keystone has stores in many states and the nearest I found to you is in Bensenville, IL.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
        MN iron ore...it does your body good.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

bob,
          I took mine to Desert Dog Auto Parts on Rose farm Road in Woodstock Illinois. I don't know where he send them but the do a very nice job. I had my rear bumber for a 61 hawk done in winter of 2005 $329.00. Then last winter I caught the tip of the same bumper with the tire of my plow truck ('49 Dodge Power Wagon)bent it out 90 deg. Took it back to DD and had it restored and chromed $329, can't tell it was damaged. Owner's name is Bob Cline, he does the bumper replate as a side job so it's not always easy to catch him by phone, but always responds promptly to email. Nice person to do business with.

Bob Cline
          Desert Dog Auto Parts
          1250 N. Rose Farm Road
          Woodstock, Il 60098

815-337-9594
          This website is for sale! desertdogautoparts.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, desertdogautoparts.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I'll also second (or third, whatever) the recommendation for Mr. Forrester. Heckuva nice guy and really turns out some high quality chrome work.

Not long ago I helped install a show-chrome Avanti rear bumper that Jerry did. It was absolutely perfect.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

thanks for the suggestion will give some of these shops an email or call. Thanks again.

Comment

I agree. Desert Dog did a good job on my front bumper, and if I can't get a rear bumper at York next year,then the one I got is going to him.
                quote:Originally posted by mchurchie

bob,
                I took mine to Desert Dog Auto Parts on Rose farm Road in Woodstock Illinois. I don't know where he send them but the do a very nice job. I had my rear bumber for a 61 hawk done in winter of 2005 $329.00. Then last winter I caught the tip of the same bumper with the tire of my plow truck ('49 Dodge Power Wagon)bent it out 90 deg. Took it back to DD and had it restored and chromed $329, can't tell it was damaged. Owner's name is Bob Cline, he does the bumper replate as a side job so it's not always easy to catch him by phone, but always responds promptly to email. Nice person to do business with.

Bob Cline
                Desert Dog Auto Parts
                1250 N. Rose Farm Road
                Woodstock, Il 60098

815-337-9594
                This website is for sale! desertdogautoparts.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, desertdogautoparts.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Desert Dog is closed but I did call. Emailed Jerry Forrester this AM hope to hear from him. Lots of chrome shops out of business.

Comment

I had my rear bumper of my '63 GT done in Milwaukee by Badger Plating, 4021 S. Kinnickinnic Ave, Milwaukee, WI (414) 482-4820. They are on the south end of town. They also plated some hinges for me for my Coke cooler restoration. Nice job on both accounts. They do work for H-D

Comment

There is a superb shop in Dubuque, Iowa. Don't know if it's still in operation. They guarantee their work for as long as you own the car. Done both '63 Avanti & '42 Commander bumprs for me. Go Google hunting in Dubuque. Good Luck.

Richard

Comment

Email answered.

quote:Originally posted by bob1944

Desert Dog is closed but I did call. Emailed Jerry Forrester this AM hope to hear from him. Lots of chrome shops out of business.
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Douglasville, Georgia
                        Be sure to check out my eBay store
                        http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME_ and my EZ33 store http://tinyurl.com/2g2j88
                        for your shiny Stude stuff

More pix of Leo the '55 Pres HT here...http://tinyurl.com/2gj6cu
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I do triple plated bumpers here for $300.00 guaranteed quality, & also have the best deal around for quality pot metal repair & plating.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Thanks for all the replies on rechroming bumpers. I got a prompt reply from Jerry Forrester and his price looks good. After the car comes back from the body shop I'll be getting the bumper done. Thanks again

Comment

quote:Keystone Automotive has a bumper rechroming facility in Brainerd, MN.
                              Brent, was Northstar Plating bought or changed names to Keystone? I had the bumpers for my '53 done by Northstar in '98. They had a regular truck run with a body shop supply place in fargo (maybe they still do) so it was easy for me as no shipping worries. They did a great job. Price less than you paid but it was nearly 12yrs ago [:0]

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
                              X