Who's the Best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the Best?

I'm looking for various replacement body panels for my 57 Transtar.
    I was curious to know if any of you can tell me who is the best supplier? I of course am looking for the best price and best fitting.
    I am aware of Classic Enterprises and have their catalog but was wondering if they have any competion.
    I seem to remember somebody complaining about a supplier they bought some panels from that didn't come close to fitting correctly.
    Would love to hear you guys' experiences.

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
    ~Nitram~
    57 Transtar
    Lancaster, PA

I installed floors and rockers on my 56 wagon from CE and really had no major complaints. Keep in mind that I had to use sedan repo floors since wagons are not available. But as far as quality and fit, not perfect(although when you have as little as I had to work with no telling what was off the car or the new floor pans) but very workable and I am pleased with the finished product. Good Luck

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

I just bought some floor panels on e-bay hope they fit lol E-mail me...

Comment

I got a trunk pan for a 51 and rockers for my Lark. I wasn't happy with either. They both needed more tweaking than I would have thought necessary. Especially when the guy at CE told me how great they were and that they had not had any complaints about them. At least it was something to start with.

Don

Comment

Michele,I would be interested in fit and quality of the E-bay panels.I have seen them advertised a number of times and know they are MUCH cheaper than CE.Thanks,Steve
          sigpic

Comment

If you want very nice panels, look up Leroy Cary on this page....

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
            55 President State Sedan
            70 Avanti (R3)
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Leroy's stuff is pretty good.
              64 Champ long bed V8
              55/53 Studebaker President S/R
              53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wolfie

Michele,I would be interested in fit and quality of the E-bay panels.I have seen them advertised a number of times and know they are MUCH cheaper than CE.Thanks,Steve
                Steve, I bought a pair of those for my 59 Lark. I haven't installed them yet, but they look pretty good; 18 ga. metal. I laid them in to see how they looked- not bad. They're not perfect and will need some fitting (same with CE panels as well), but they look pretty close for the money.

Keep in mind, they are MUCH smaller than CE panels. They come back to just about the front of the seat bottom, where CE's go from the firewall to beneath the rear seat, and includes the reinforcements for the seat mounts.

The two can't compare really. If you just have that small area rusted in the front footwells, the little ones are fine. If the rust is more extensive or you're building a show car, go the extra for CE. I have heard of Leroy Carey, and hear his work is very good as well.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                X