53 C/K front sheet metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 C/K front sheet metal

I'm still collecting parts for the 53 coupe I pulled from a nebraska corn field. I have the hood latch and it's mounting plate, also the cross support below it. I'm missing the piece below that. Looks like it runs from fender to fender and supports the lower portion of the grill surrounds (those are another topic).
    I bought the 53-58 Stude body parts catalog, but the front clip parts aren't shown?
    So I have no part number, no picture, and don't even know what it is called.
    Any help would be appreciated.

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
    "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Don, Its commonly called the lower grill support. It carries the lower portion of the grills but does not have too much structure to it. I have one, but I'm in Sacramento. PM me if you would like.

sals54
    sals54

Comment

Sorry I don't have a car parts book old enough here to help you. The chassis parts book is what you need, front sheet metal is listed there as a remnant of the coach building days.

Comment

Hi Don, for information regarding the body parts from the cowl forward (and also the rear fenders and body mouldings) you need the Chassis Parts Catalog. I don't think this makes any sense either, but am told that a 'chassis' includes the cowl forward and I guess they decided that they may as well include the rear fenders and body mouldings with it for good measure.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
        MN iron ore...it does your body good.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

It's in the Chassis Book because the grilles are considered part of the cooling system (air intake).

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
          Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
          Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

That's the one, thanks.
            I got a pile of parts with the car, and there is a piece that looks like that, plus the piece above it, with the latch hole, all in one piece. Fussed with that a while till I figured out it wasn't the right piece.

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
            "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

Comment

Working...
            X