PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Stan Pridachuk: Calling all Stude Fam

m3steve
11-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I was wondering if any one has any pictures of Stan Pridachuk's cars. My name is Steve, I am the grandson-in-law, and unfortunately Stan passed away on Friday afternoon. We are hoping to have some pictures/write-ups, etc that we could have for the memorial service on 11/24/2009 Is there anyone that could help me?

Not only was Stan a purple heart receipient, a employee of Studebaker, but he was also an incredible role model for the people around him, especially his grandchildren. He was everything that you could imagine and more. He will be sorely missed, and I am trying to enlist the help of the Studebaker Family, to help me recognize Stan's achievements.

Here is one example of his work.
http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10823

Please email me any info you may have, also, if you have any contacts or suggestions of ways that you think the Studebaker Community could honor Stan's loyalty to one of the greatest car communities in the world.
Email Steve (mailto:steve@starrdesign.com)

m3steve
11-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Thank you for the kind words

TX Rebel
11-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Stan was the builder of the Packard Hawk convertible? Was it the same car that was in Houston, owned by Ricky Lege'? He claimed to have factory engineering drawings for it & said that p.o. had stated that it was an in-house one-off project utilizing the Lark conv top parts. I told him that I doubted that many conv parts were available
at the end of the '58 run since it would be a year before Lark ragtops would be available.

Barry'd in Studes

barnlark
11-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Steve, first of all, my condolences. We've lost a life-long member and one of the rare people who could still answer real factory questions. I see the forum link you posted had questions that were never answered by Stan, or those who could ask him and post the facts.
Was that previously his car and are you aware of any facts about when it was built? What a talented man. I hope that you can get some pictures over the years to have at the memorial.

m3steve
11-18-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure what the answers to these questions are unfortunately, but hopefully I can find some answers. What I would truly love is to get either a letter from Studebaker, or have him inducted into the Stude Museum. I've tried to send letter after letter and emails the last few days, but I can't seem to get anyone to respond at either organization. My goal, is I would like to have something to present to his children at the memorial service this Tuesday. Is there anyone that could help me accomplish that? He was truly a role model for what a man is supposed to be. Married and faithful for 60+, veteran, purple heart winner, and a world class dad and grandfather. I want to honor his memory, and have the Studebaker Community help me do that. Any help would really be appreciated, and hopefully during this hard time for the family, this will help lift his spirits.