Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers, Other Orphans, and a Few Other Cars

//////////////////////////
    Last edited by Studedude; 12-16-2010, 08:43 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Dave,

Thanks for posting and good to see Sheba out before the weather turns bad. What did the inside of the hearse look like?

Though my parents always said they were junk, I would like to have a Kaiser (preferably a '54). In fact, I might even trade a Studebaker for it.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Thanks Dave for the pictures, wish I could of come. Had a 3 year old's birthday party to attend from the in-law side of the family. Looks like Studebaker had a good representation but of the others it looks like the Mopar guys showed up with several nice cars.

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I don't like that Chevy Ute at all. Good thing you said it was to compliment Dicks, although Dicks doesn't need ANY pic for comparision. That Chevy just looks heavy and bulky.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Hi Dave,

I'm looking for ideas of colors to paint our 53 Coupe and the first picture in your photo grouping of a "root beer" colored Hawk comes very close. Do you or anyone on the forum know the owners and how to reach them?

Regards,

john brayton
          John Brayton

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response! My email is johnbraytonz@comcast.net and you or they can reach me anytime.

Regards,

john brayton
            John Brayton

Comment

Wish i could have made that show, didn't know about it till midnight last night when you posted you were going. The Henry J and the 41 Nash coupe struck my fancy, love that 41 Nash grille.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I agree with Dave, All the ute's down here in OZ have a single back window, still, it's a nice conversion job.

John Clements
                Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                Lockleys South Australia
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

I don't like that Chevy Ute at all. Good thing you said it was to compliment Dicks, although Dicks doesn't need ANY pic for comparision. That Chevy just looks heavy and bulky.
                  You don't often see me feature Chevys in my show pics, 'cause as a rule, I don't like 'em. [}]

But, I do like modifieds, as a rule.

IMNSHO, this, "Ute," would have been a much better presentation, had it's creator not gone for the 5 window look. 5 windows are quite popular, but do not do this particular custom justice, as I see it. [V];

It looks like it was made from a four door station wagon with the rear doors filled. I think that it would look a lot more balanced if they just used the upper tailgate as a starting point for the rear roof/window.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I agree with you on the Chevy Ute. Nicely executed, clumsily contrived.[B)]
                    And yes, Kaisers are cool cars!

Edit: How many folks know that Kaiser had an assembly plant in the LA area like Studebaker did? I got to lay hands on some remnants of it when I worked for McDonnell-Douglas in the late 80s.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                    X