11-14 Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-14 Eye Candy

He sure looks over dressed to be driving such a cheap model, is he still on this forum as a CASO?

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

He's not cheap. He's thrifty. Probably bought a Scotsman when they came out!
      That's a nice clean design. It just needs some mag wheels and an R2 under the hood.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I have one of those "Cheap"55 Champion 2 door delux. I think it has a style all its own. By the way I like driving something no body else wants. Thanks for the Eye Candy for today,I think I'll take mine for a Drive.

Comment

I don't like it, I don't know why they bother to build an ugly style. But thats my opinion.

Comment

That's not funny. The nurses made comments like that the day I was born.

Comment

I love it. Down to basics. If it was baby blue I could go for it. I have always liked the cheap model with big drive train.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

If you look at it up against a '53 Chevy 2 door sedan...it looks pretty swoopy .

Actually, a pretty smart concept to use essentially the same body tub for both the 2 door and 4 door sedans. By '55 they were hiding the rear seam pretty neatly.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

He sure looks over dressed to be driving such a cheap model, is he still on this forum as a CASO?

The way I understand it, most fellas back then usually dressed up whenever they left the house, unlike these days when all we do is throw on a t-shirt and a pair of bermudas and flip flops. Personally, I would love to live in an era where folks still did that.

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Driven often, always noticed!

Comment

For the life of me, I can't understand why the '53 sedans were so maligned. Personally, I think that they're beautifully designed and, compared to other makes of that era, they're downright beautiful.
                    I'd like to own one in a heartbeat.
                    My 2 cents.
                    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Long Island Studebaker Club
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

There was a time that I didn't like 53 sedans because all I had ever seen was clapped out old 4 doors and I was comparing them to the swoopier C and K bodies. Like Dick said, if you park one next to a 53 Chevy, Ford, or Mopar they look very good. I would almost rather have a 53 two door for a hot rodded version than a C or K body.

1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

It's Sunday morning, they're late, and he's driving like the Devil to get to the house of the Lord.

Ken Pyle

Comment

Depends on what transmission that Champion has, if Automatic he will have to have a long way to go before he gets it up to speed, if no overdrive 78 mph tops, now if it's overdrive he could be talking to the lord or shoveling coal for the devil.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

IMHO that extra rear quarter seam was the stylistic desirability killer, distracting and detracting from what would have been an otherwise very well recieved design, and the glaring contrast with outstanding smoothness of the C & K models made this hiccup all the more evident.
                            This appears to be one example of where Studebaker management really shot themselves in the foot, they 'saved' a few dollars in production costs, at the expense of tens of thousands of lost sales in their primary 'bread and butter' line.

Comment

Working...
                            X