PDA

View Full Version : Lee Aanderud

avantilover
11-13-2009, 02:32 AM
Does anyone have contact details for Lee? I have emailed asking for the postage inclusive price of some gear I was intending to buy and as of nearly 2 weeks have had no response.
I tried the forum send a message which bounced.

I really don't understand why folks say (in this case via another forum member) they have items for sale and give a price, but when asked to provide a postage inclusive price to Australia and an email address for immediate PayPal payment no response is received.

Had a similar thing a year or so ago re: doors - two fellows from WA state said they had them, one offered to deliver them to Long Beach, however when I asked for the cost, they had moved to Mars it seemed and I never got a response.

It seems easy to say "I can't/don't want to/won't help" as the case may be, just bizarre to ignore someone trying to put money in your pocket.

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

jimmijim8
11-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Like the old saying goes I guess. "Good things come to those that wait." perseverence. Someone will come to your aid. Have you consulted a psychic. :) just joking with you. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.

Studeman
11-13-2009, 08:51 AM
John,
I can't speak for Lee, but I don't think a public posting such as you made.... is going to encourage him to complete this transaction. In fact. quite the opposite.

If you hadn't noticed, he doesn't frequent this forum any more.. so what have you accomplished by making this post? You already know- I know how to contact him... and have done so for you. So, the "problem" isn't one of contact.

I can't tell you how many times I have had a needed piece that's been posted to this forum... dug it out, cleaned it up, photographed it, priced it BELOW market value (price agreed to), even boxed it up and calculated shipping.. then spent hours e-mailing someone who "needs it badly and can't find one anywhere".. only to have them never send the payment, ignore e-mails, and act like they were never interested in the part in the first place.

It may be frustrating, but you surely aren't in this boat alone.

Ray

http://www.raylinrestoration.com/TEMP/azavatar.gif
Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

DEEPNHOCK
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Reply sent off forum

avantilover
11-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks all for the comments.

John Clements
Lockleys South Australia

avantilover
11-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks all for the comments.

John Clements
Lockleys South Australia