Someone steal this '48 Land Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone steal this '48 Land Cruiser

$2900, no reserve, no bids, 16,556 on odometer, one day twenty-three hours left! (edited ending time)

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Wow

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

I wish I had three grand and a garage my wife didn't know about!
      After looking at the pics. I can't imagine it going for less than 5K.
      Darned nice car.

Dean.

Comment

Good thing for me that's not a 52 (my preferred year) or I might be tempted... someday a decent 52 4 door 6 O/D will be in my garage[:X]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I have never been a great fan of those four doors, but the wood grained dash in this era cars always impresses me. I just looked at the ad again and realized that the seller is the same fellow who handled the sale of my Daytona for his son. I really think he will tell you the truth about what he is selling.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
          1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

This car is a running joke among the Ozark Trails Chapter. One of our members bought it 30 years ago and it took him forever to sell it. He was finishing College and really did not need another car. ( I think he had maybe four at the time). It has floated between several members over the years. It was on display and for sale at the last Orphan Car Show in Branson.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

I would but my wife will kill me for sure if I even think of it..hmmmmm no I better not. Nice car.

Comment

So, Gary, what's the issue with it, other than the fact it's a sixty-year-old sedan?
                Brad Johnson,
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

It's an all right car. Matt the owner I was talking about just didn't need it at the time and it took him several years to sell. I looked it over at Branson last year and remember some rust and just a worn out look to it. It would probably make a good car for someone. Like Howard says above, if the person he thinks is selling it the seller will be honest in discribing the cars
                  There are other members in the Chapter that are more familiar with the car and can give more details. Jim Caldwell is a forum member and he may be able to add more.

P. S. the current price of $2900 would be on the high side for me for this car.

Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO
                  President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

Bams I thought you were a Lark lover? I have a 52 4 door but since mine is a V-8 with 3 speed over drive I guess you would not be interested, I am the 2 nd owner. love the suicide doors....Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                    canbstudebakers-
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

Bams I thought you were a Lark lover? I have a 52 4 door but since mine is a V-8 with 3 speed over drive I guess you would not be interested, I am the 2nd owner. love the suicide doors....
                      Yep, all-out Lark lover for sure[:X] But that doesn't mean they're the only Studes I like! I'd also like a teens or twenties Stude someday, a late 30s Art Deco style. Also a really nice GT and maybe a finned Hawk for Linda (she's a fin lover)

I'm one of the very few that actually prefers the 52s over the others- love the nose, beautiful dash, and the best-looking horn button of all Studes (at least post-war). I metioned the 6 because I have zero problem with them for where mine would be- ambling along the secondary roads in my mostly-flat area; plus, a 6-banger 52 4-door is about the least-loved Stude you can get... and I'm always drawn to that[^]

How about more info on yours? Any pictures? And, (I hate to ask) is it for sale??

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Would someone look at the last thumbnail (in the eBay listing) showing a closeup of the stainless rocker molding? It shows the front end of the molding coming to a point on the front fender. My '48 Champion Starlight does not have this. It has a blunt end that is capped. It ends at the cowl. The parts book did not clear this up for me. Are they supposed to be different this way? I like the looks of the Land Cruiser molding.

KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Comment

Kurt, that's stock on a LC. I can get you a close up picture tomorrow. (48 LC at the shop).

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thanks, Matt. I would appreciate that. You can PM me. Or not.
                            Any one know if Champions just have the blunt end?

KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Comment

I've wondered that myself. I've never seen the fender molding extension on anything after 1950, even the Starlight State.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X